SCX24 - Deadbox

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the Treal links in today, so I immediately set myself up to be tortured with installing them. If I'm honest, I'd rather pull weeds in a huge garden in blistering heat.

Anyway, a couple little issues. The Ecopower servo hangs about .020" (half a mm for you normal folk) past the back of the Hot Racing servo mount. It rubs on the upper 3-link bar, causing it to bind. So I took a little file and just rubbed a slight depression in the middle of the bottom edge of the servo case. Problem solved.

Then I installed the front lower links, only pulling out a third of the hair on the right side of my scalp during this mind bogglingly tedious process, only to find that once completed, the smooth articulation was gone.

The problem being, the front lower links on the Deadbolt chassis are so short, they install at a pretty steep angle, causing the pivot balls to pinch on the rubber o-rings holding the balls in. So off came the lower front links, and outer o-rings were removed.

These o-rings of course hold the balls in, so this made the reinstall a bit more tedious, but the job is complete. WHEW!

Here she is
20220408_135928.jpg
20220408_135916.jpg

And these are the joints where the o-rings were removed.
20220408_141249.jpg

looks awesome. Mine didn't bind with the o-rings, I wonder why that is.

looks awesome. Mine didn't bind with the o-rings, I wonder why that is.
I don't know. It was just the fronts. Maybe mine had thicker o-rings. I am going to try to source some with the same diameter, but thinner. But to be honest, they don't really need to be on there at all. The pocket keeps the link on the ball. The only thing the o-rings will do is keep the link from getting marred up on the ball flanges. I have some tinkering to do.

And, she's done. This has been a really fun paint scheme. Still a few more upgrades to come. Stay tuned.
20220417_155225.jpg

20220417_155142.jpg

Back