SCX24 - Deadbox

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is what I was looking for. Someone to agree with me ;) Thanks bro.

And it would have the guns on this design I printed, but I forgot to add them, and am too lazy to reprint it :D

That, and this is the first part that was this difficult to design, that fit this good, and printed this well, on the first shot lol.
20220403_183623.jpg

Last edited:
So I started spraying the exterior, and sure enough, my airbrush decides to have a fit. It started spattering droplets of paint instead of spraying a fine mist. But then it hit me... miniature Rhino lining texture! I love it 😁
20220404_105930.jpg

20220404_105927.jpg

Thanks bro. It's great when an accidental paintjob makes you look like Chip Foose 🤣

"yeah... I was going for the whole bed liner look. NAILED IT!" LOL

Oh, the test piece with the Maximum Effort painted on it - that is the coke machine that came with this model 😂🤣😂🤣

I love "Happy Accidents"! Texture coat is good. :thumbs-up: The hand painting instead of decals works perfect for this project, glad you decided to go in that direction. :)

NOW things happen. I love.
The body work is the most important thing with this treadh.

We all need see some paint , finally it begins

I love "Happy Accidents"! Texture coat is good. :thumbs-up: The hand painting instead of decals works perfect for this project, glad you decided to go in that direction. :)
I got the white paint done. Not as good as I had hoped, but it'll do. Just need to spray the blood candy and give it a flat clear coat.

The candy is kinda difficult to spray, because if you go too heavy, it goes really dark, and the white will go from red to dark maroon very quickly.

If
I got the white paint done. Not as good as I had hoped, but it'll do. Just need to spray the blood candy and give it a flat clear coat.

The candy is kinda difficult to spray, because if you go too heavy, it goes really dark, and the white will go from red to dark maroon very quickly.
you know how to handle transluent colors and Neon colors.
Then Candy is no worse at all.

Two thin layers from far distance. Slow smooth moves.
Heat up the body with hairdryear after you have heat up the spraycan
will make it work like PRO

Never paint cold if you do effect paint is the NO1 rule only.

In this case you paint outside and to one offroad crawler car.
Dont OVER DO IT.
Because you will scrape it bad if you Crawle like normal people.

I have made alot special bodies before when i did Drifting indoors.
I did win Best drifter of the year 2 times, also 2 times best paint and styling , this is like 10years ago now :)
Only 24 competitors ., Local thing :)

Lexan drifting bodies are worth do alot work with.
They will last, and this is extra important also when you Drift.

Offroad Crawling do not need actually any paint at all if you have hard body.

Anyways it is fun see them before first run always :)
Dont do a big thing about it. You will scratch it bad if you love crawling anyways.

Do it fast is always best with hardbody rc rigs, the crawlers for 100% shure
Dont spend alot time , its not worth it

Last edited:
If

you know how to handle transluent colors and Neon colors.
Then Candy is no worse at all.

Two thin layers from far distance. Slow smooth moves.
Heat up the body with hairdryear after you have heat up the spraycan
will make it work like PRO

Never paint cold if you do effect paint is the NO1 rule only
This isn't traditional pigment based candy. It is like a dye. It's Createx. Where traditional candies go on easy, this stuff goes almost black with multiple coats.

you mean really black ?
Extra sensitive color then.
Well , take it easy, and heat up the can and body will give you great thin layers alot easier like i told you before :)

Good luck Bro
I wish you the best, and share the results offcourse HEHEHE
Sorry if this is Offtopic

I will learn you guys how to Paint Hard Body RC Crawler bodies coming Autumn.
This will be like 5 more months.

What i do , is use REAL BOAT EPOXY Colors.
Good luck scrape them with light weight RC Cars.
You will have hard time do it. Trust me, this is one SUPER STRONG way do it last even in RC Crawling outside with hardbodies.
Only problem is you dont have alot Colors to choose from.

It is like Blue, green, red, black, white, yellow if you dont want spend alot money

Last edited:
OMG

This is sick

I love it ,. WOW

OMG

This is sick

I love it ,. WOW
Thanks
It was one of my easier paint jobs if I'm honest 😉

But on a sad note, I melted the grill with the hair dryer trying to rush the chrome paint I put on it. So I am printing another one 😜

Back