SCX24 Deadbolt Build To Rock Bouncer Build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SCX24bouncer

RC Newbie
Military Veteran
Reaction score
Hello All,

I am new to the RCTALK and wanted to share my build with you all.

What started as a stock top heavy Deadbolt is now a Very capable insane low CG Rock Bouncer with insane articulation.

I built the deadbolt first to see if I would like it with that body, and though is was very capable it wasn't what I was looking for.

Build List For Capable Deadbolt:
-Yeah racing front and rear axel housing
-Yeah Racing Adjustable Links
-Yeah Racing Metal Drive Shafts
-Yeah Racing Aluminum Steering Bars
-Hot Racing Front Axel Knuckles
-Hot Racing Brass Hubs
-Hot Racing Front and Rear Brass Diff Covers
-Hot Racing Heat shield for motor
-Hot Racing front bumper crossbar mount
-Hot Racing Telescopic Shocks (You get 3x the articulation, but that comes with a cost when trying to go up steep embankment's)
-ECO Power Servo
-ECO Power Battery
-Samlx Servo Mount
-SSD Brass wheels (Heaviest on the market and they make a huge difference) It takes 5 stock wheels to equal the weight of 1.
-RC4WD Falken Wildpeaks M/T Tires (Incredibly grippy on rocks)

Deadbolt parts picture.jpg
Deadbolt Build 2.jpg
Deadbolt Build 1.jpg

Now though it was VERY capable as it was, I wanted more out of it...

I went with the MOFORC V3 mini bouncer kit and let me tell you, I was not let down one bit.

If you are wanting the Rock Bouncer build list here is the parts below that you will need to make this Extremely capable impossible to flip build.

Build List For Rock Bouncer:
-Moforc V3 Rock Bouncer Body: https://moforc.com/store-home/ols/products/scx24-mini-bouncer-kit (Does not come painted)
-Yeah Racing Adjustable Links ( I only kept these on the back... I had to use the stock rear upper plastic ones for the front lowers and went with the MOFORC Aluminum links for top to give me 4 link.)
-Yeah Racing Metal Drive Shafts (The rear one I used, but for the front I took the rear plastic drive shaft cut about 1/4 inch off the housing and 1/8th off the slip yoke to make this work for the super stretched front end. The medium length one was not long enough for this.)
-Hot Racing +4mm axel shafts
-Hot Racing Brass Hubs
-Hot Racing Telescopic Shocks (These are a must for this kind of articulation use the super soft silver springs)
-ECO Power Servo
-ECO Power Battery
-MOFORC 4 link servo mount.
-SSD Brass wheels (switching these to the INJORA 1.0" CNC Aluminum Beadlock Wheel Rims)
-RC4WD Falken Wildpeak M/T Tires (Switching these to the Mud Slingers, these smaller tires make a clearance issue.)
-MOFORC Flex blades on the rear.

Rock Bouncer 1.jpg
Rock Bouncer 2.jpg
Rock Bouncer 3.jpg

Future upgrades
-Axial Hot Racing High Torque Motor (maybe even the brushless motor.)
-New transmission metal gears/Transmission Metal Plate
-Hot Racing Center Belly Skid Plate

Any questions feel free to reach out.
Thanks
Scott.

Hello All,

What started as a stock top heavy Deadbolt is now a Very capable insane low CG Rock Bouncer with insane articulation.

I built the deadbolt first to see if I would like it with that body, and though is was very capable it wasn't what I was looking for.

-Hot Racing Brass Hubs
-Hot Racing Telescopic Shocks (You get 3x the articulation, but that comes with a cost when trying to go up steep embankment's)
-ECO Power Servo
-ECO Power Battery
-Samlx Servo Mount
-SSD Brass wheels (Heaviest on the market and they make a huge difference) It takes 5 stock wheels to equal the weight of 1.

Deadbolt Build 2.jpg
Deadbolt Build 1.jpg

I went with the MOFORC V3 mini bouncer kit and let me tell you, I was not let down one bit.

If you are wanting the Rock Bouncer build list here is the parts below that you will need to make this Extremely capable impossible to flip build.

-Moforc V3 Rock Bouncer Body: https://moforc.com/store-home/ols/products/scx24-mini-bouncer-kit (Does not come painted)
-Yeah Racing Adjustable Links ( I only kept these on the back... I had to use the stock rear upper plastic ones for the front lowers and went with the MOFORC Aluminum links for top to give me 4 link.)
-Yeah Racing Metal Drive Shafts (The rear one I used, but for the front I took the rear plastic drive shaft cut about 1/4 inch off the housing and 1/8th off the slip yoke to make this work for the super stretched front end. The medium length one was not long enough for this.)
-Hot Racing Brass Hubs
-Hot Racing Telescopic Shocks (These are a must for this kind of articulation use the super soft silver springs)
-ECO Power Servo
-ECO Power Battery
-SSD Brass wheels (switching these to the INJORA 1.0" CNC Aluminum Beadlock Wheel Rims)
-RC4WD Falken Wildpeak M/T Tires (Switching these to the Mud Slingers, these smaller tires make a clearance issue.)

Rock Bouncer 1.jpg
Rock Bouncer 2.jpg
Rock Bouncer 3.jpg

Future upgrades

Thanks
Scott.
Welcome to RCT👍
Nice build man. Looks awesome and some crazy flex.. well done sir 👍👍

What a list,nice build
Thank you, I would change a couple things I have done, needs to be a little taller. Doesn't flip easy at all, just has a hard time in spots. Maybe just bigger tires than the swampers.

Hello All,

-Hot Racing Brass Hubs
-ECO Power Servo
-ECO Power Battery
-Samlx Servo Mount

Deadbolt Build 2.jpg
Deadbolt Build 1.jpg

-Hot Racing Brass Hubs
-ECO Power Servo
-ECO Power Battery

Rock Bouncer 1.jpg
Rock Bouncer 2.jpg
Rock Bouncer 3.jpg

Future upgrades

Thanks
Scott.
Welcome to the forum! Nice build you've got there, seems those parts are popular for this conversion! Servo and motor must be getting a workout with all those metal/brass parts and heavy wheels! I enjoy watching these small 1/24 scale rock bouncers do their stuff, I just like mini scaled down, functional things! Gotta get a micro crawler sometime...

Welcome to the forum! Nice build you've got there, seems those parts are popular for this conversion! Servo and motor must be getting a workout with all those metal/brass parts and heavy wheels! I enjoy watching these small 1/24 scale rock bouncers do their stuff, I just like mini scaled down, functional things! Gotta get a micro crawler sometime...
It will cause some issues with Motors, but the upgrades in my book are well worth it for weight. Really helps it hold onto rocks. I have only upgraded the servo one time and that was from factory to what it is now. I would say overall it was a neat build, but I would rather have a scale looking body on it. The stretch and width were great to get around on 1/10th size courses, but it eliminates the 1/24th scale courses. I just cannot fit on them or they're just far too simple. Maybe in the future I will build another scale scx24, as of right now I am focused on a trx4 build.

It will cause some issues with Motors, but the upgrades in my book are well worth it for weight. Really helps it hold onto rocks. I have only upgraded the servo one time and that was from factory to what it is now. I would say overall it was a neat build, but I would rather have a scale looking body on it. The stretch and width were great to get around on 1/10th size courses, but it eliminates the 1/24th scale courses. I just cannot fit on them or they're just far too simple. Maybe in the future I will build another scale scx24, as of right now I am focused on a trx4 build.
Yeah, I wasn't writing them off, in crawlers, low-down-weight is crucial, just keep an eye on the motor and servo, they'll wear out faster because of the higher load on them. So if you find the crawler more sluggish, that's probably why. So 1/24 scale rock bouncers work well on 1/10 scale courses, but ironically aren't that good/suitable for 1/24 scale courses?

Pics aren't showing up, at least not for me. Good list though.

Maybe they got deleted? In lots (almost all) of older threads on forums from many years ago, the pictures have been moved or deleted too unfortunately, sometimes I'm just dying to see them! 🤣🤣

So many of them are because we all used to use Photobucket to host then all of a sudden they made it crazy expensive so everyone quit using them and lost a lot of stuff.

Back