SCX-24 C10 or HBX Devistator

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hmenzies

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I'm looking for a crawler and can't decide weather to get the SCX-24 or HBX Devastator?

The SCX-24 is what I would get. Its from a well respected RC company (Axial) and will have good after market support. HSX looks like some cheap chinese crap from banggood. My .02 worth

Keven Talbot did a review of these from what I recall and the SCX-24 is a much better choice. I agree with @Greywolf74 you would get far more support I would think with the SCX-24.

I'm looking for a crawler and can't decide weather to get the SCX-24 or HBX Devastator?
The Devastator has four wheel steering and looks better in my opinion, but the SCX 24 would probably be the better choice.

Axial is a better known brand and probably has better aftermarket and customer support.

On top of that, the Devastator is extremely slow, even for a crawler.

For the record though, HBX is my favourite chinese rc brand.

If that HBX was selling for $40, I may consider it. May. But, for the asking price, no way! I just can't see that silly thing crawling as well the SCX24.

Where would you get parts for the Devistator? - Get the SCX24.

I have one and it's fun, but still needs mods to be capable. Actually I just burned up the motor playing on the big rocks, but it's only $8 for a new one.

what model of the SCX24 should I go for the Jeep or the Chevrolt

I have owned both. The devastator falls apart really easily and is hard to find parts to replace them. There is no aftermarket mods either besides tire and wheels. Get the SCX24 and if you want a more comp crawler or rock bouncer look, then you can get an aftermarket chassis kit.

I watched a vid awhile back where a guy was comparing the HBX Devastator to the Hobbyking Rocksta. He swapped wheels and tires and stuff. The Devastator, while it looks cool, really isn't a crawler. The Rocksta blew it away.

To me, the Devastator looks like a Monster truck. Not a crawler. So it just depends on what you want. After looking around and seeing all the cool mods for the SCX24, it is a no-brainer that it is the best choice for a 1:24 crawler. But I bet you can turn one into a cool monster truck too 😉

Back