Schmacker havoc starting problems

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slothh561

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
Hi people I've recently got a schumacher havoc and it wants to start but dosent quite fire up I've took engine off and cleaned carb but i can't get the gap and smaller then in the pic any help appreciated getting thus beast running
IMG_20210302_173007.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20210302_173430.jpg
    IMG_20210302_173430.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 53
That gap is nearly at half throttle already ,it is a good thing that it didnt fire up!...:hehe::hehe::hehe:

Its quite possible the the LSN needle is screwed in too far in ,not allowing the gap to
close ,if the idle set screw is not doing it ,but also ,it could be jammed!

The idle screw is next to the fuel inlet. looks to be cranked all way in. The screw on the side it the barrel retainer. Which is loose.

That gap is nearly at half throttle already ,it is a good thing that it didnt fire up!...:hehe::hehe::hehe:

Its quite possible the the LSN needle is screwed in too far in ,not allowing the gap to
close ,if the idle set screw is not doing it ,but also ,it could be jammed!
I have carbs just like that ,I would have to check an see if I can mimick your issue!

I have carbs just like that ,I would have to check an see if I can mimick your issue!
Could you show a pic of the screw I need to adjust as one the screws on the carb just isn't right becssue I can pull it out wit my finger as its thats lose

Could you show a pic of the screw I need to adjust as one the screws on the carb just isn't right becssue I can pull it out wit my finger as its thats lose

I have to get a more better pic of the break down of the carb ,it will take a bit ,but do have this pic!

1614716055097.png

Yes ,it is possible if the LSN needle ,which is that big head screw on the end ,if it is
screwed in all the way ,will prevent the gap on the slide barrel not to close all the way ,but also ,
if that LSN needle is in all the way ,the engine will not run at all ,That should be at least turned out
about 5 1/2 to 6 turns out from closed!
The smaller screw with the spring on it ,is the idle gap adjustment screw ,if you screw that outward ,
then the gap on the barrel should close ,but if the threads are stripped ,you maybe able to put some
Loc-tite on it an let it sit overnite!
But could be quite possible that the barrel is jammed at that spot with crud from sitting ,try taking
it apart an clean it!

it looks like your idle screw is tightened down almost all the way.
might back it off and see if that allows you to close the gap.
1614720268798.png

if adjusting that doesn't change the gap, most likely what Cbaker is saying, and the LSN is too far screwed in and impacting the slide not allowing it to close properly.

The screw that's on the side that looks like it's about to fall out I think is what holds the carb barrel inside the carb. Guessing that needs to be tightened down to avoid overextending the carb slide.

On most carbs I've used, the idle screw is a 2-in-1. It adjusts the how far the slide can close for idle AND it keys into a slot in the side of the carb to keep the barrel from falling out/over extending.

These carbs are or like the old Thunder tiger carbs ,the screw that sticks out is a set screw
that keeps the barrel from coming out ,but it also serves as a throttle return spring hanger!
there is suppose to be on there ,I love that feature & these style carbs ,they are easy to tune ,
I run these on my Ofna hyper 21 engine ,but they came off my AE. MGT 28's!

Yes ,it is possible if the LSN needle ,which is that big head screw on the end ,if it is
screwed in all the way ,will prevent the gap on the slide barrel not to close all the way ,but also ,
if that LSN needle is in all the way ,the engine will not run at all ,That should be at least turned out
about 5 1/2 to 6 turns out from closed!
The smaller screw with the spring on it ,is the idle gap adjustment screw ,if you screw that outward ,
then the gap on the barrel should close ,but if the threads are stripped ,you maybe able to put some
Loc-tite on it an let it sit overnite!
But could be quite possible that the barrel is jammed at that spot with crud from sitting ,try taking
it apart an clean it!
Hi mate it's not the screw with spring or the long big head screw its the little screw under the long barrel screw thats fiddlesticked

Hi mate it's not the screw with spring or the long big head screw its the little screw under the long barrel screw thats fiddlesticked

Yes I know ,Was just exploring possibilities!
If any thread is stripped ,then you need to fix it either way you look at it ,it will never run right
anyway with an air leak ,in which ,that is a potential spot to have one sense it holds the slide
barrel in place!
The barrel is slotted for that screw ,if for some reason some one took that loose an tried to put
it back ,you have to make damn sure that the barrels slot is lined up with the tip of that screw .
because if it isnt when you tighten the screw ,then the carb just got muffed up!

You need a new carb!...:cool: