Sc10, hpi blitz, losi strike?????

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scrogg

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Which one?? I am leaning to the the Losi due to the layout and brushless/Lipo capable ESC. The Blitz got great reviews and I can get a great deal on them and the AE SC10 with Towerhobbies.. I plan to buy one for myself and one for my Father. I will race mine in the stocker class. He'll just bash his at his hunting club. The motor on the Ae is weak, at least it was on the stadium trucks. So I think it would be even worse on a SC truck. The blitz and SC10 look better than the Losi for sure....but that's just a body., Easy fix later on. Money is an issue, Amain will not ship the Strike for free, that's B.S. That puts the price way over what I can get two Blitz's or AE's and some batteries for through tower.
I have only seen the stock Slash trucks and the AE SC8's run. I don't want a 1/8th scale at all. I don't care for Traxxas much. HPI has the best plastic, the Ae comes with better radio gear as does the Losi.
What do you el. guys think?

I love my slash's, dont plan to change brands any time soon either, they take such a beating, its crazy.

I hear the losis suck and the SC10, blitz and slash are the way to go. If you have the money id spring for the slash 4x4 :D

I had a slash HATED it, it handle for poo, it was loaded to the hilt with rpm everything and even BL, traded for a SC10 and it was the best thing I ever did, the sc10 HUGs the track..so far the 2 BLITZ's I have seen fell apart with 20 mins of run time broken drive cups, arms,blown bearing,and the list goes on and HPi told them that they would only warranty the items 1 time..BS is you ask me they said the Blitz were not made for BL systems which they had..only a novak 13.5 pretty sad if you ask me..

there was also a Brand new out of the box Losi strike there and it only broke a shock shaft and tie rod end..that was within 3 hrs of running.. I was pretty impressed on how it handled in the turns and how it hugged the track as well..

Thanks, that helps a lot guys. Keep the replies coming!
It's looking like a pair of SC10's so far....
Trust me; I know all to well how horrible HPI customer service is. I ran Savages for years. After two months I realized they would not warranty poop, and looking back the Tech support gave me BAD advice as a noob.

Last edited:
Thanks, that helps a lot guys. Keep the replies coming!
It's looking like a pair of SC10's so far....

i have a pair also

IMG_0220.jpg

How's the AE in stock trim? I'm worried the puny motor will not be enough to have fun with. Can the ESC handle a better motor for bashing? One will run on a 7 cell Nimh, my dad is not lipo knowledgeable. Mine will get a 2S Lipo.

The 1 sc10 I have has a 17.5 turn motor/stock esc(lucas truck) and is bones stock in parts, the other one has a huge list of goodies..and I run a 2s lipo in both of them:)

Hello

i have a pair also

IMG_0220.jpg

Hello:

I'm new on rc electric cars and want to buy two short course trucks, and i also think that this question are already done by some other guys, but need to know the truth...

Which is better, to bash, compete, and to have fun every day...

1) Blitz with sidewinder MM...
2) SC10 new brushless version...

If you can wait, hold out to see what the next Losi sc truck is like. I hear it'll put the Strike to shame. I think Losi learned that the Strike was a huge mistake.

http://www.rc-area.co.uk/blog/2010/07/20/losi’s-4x4-short-course-truck/

Info I'm getting from the Losi forum is that it's not based on the Strike platform, release is TDB, though I heard elsewhere around October.

Looks pretty quick!

Last edited:
Blitz is the way to go, but later on invest on a different electric motor if you dont whant it to get so hot. Has plenty of power and probably the most durable of the SC class. A lot of people put the Traxxas motor in theirs because most of us race in the srock class and thats the only motor switch allowed thats worth anything. Otherwise if its just for messing around it doesn't matter then the stock motor will be more than enough. If you want to switch the motor in the future, then get Novak not Traxxas, like I said they run stock class but as much as I hate to say it, Traxxas has a better motor. I'm not a fan of Traxxas anymore, I dont even call my T-MAXX a Traxxas, I call it an Integy haha. Go with the Blitz, I have one and absolutely love it.

That reminds me I should post some pics of my Blitz with the FMF body on it, thanks for reminding me :)

Hello:

I'm new on rc electric cars and want to buy two short course trucks, and i also think that this question are already done by some other guys, but need to know the truth...

Which is better, to bash, compete, and to have fun every day...

1) Blitz with sidewinder MM...
2) SC10 new brushless version...

Blitz, Blitz, Blitz...most people around here that own the SC10 arent happy with them stock and refuse to drive them until they put some mods in them. The Blitz is easily the better choice, plus you dont need mods on them to be happy with them either. I'm not sure if I'm right but I want to say the SC10 has problems with the wheels? hexes or something in that area, but I'm not too sure. I was going to get an SC10, but I decided on the Blitz instead and couldnt be happier with it. I hope this helps :first_place:

i am a huge AE fan and i hate traxxas...i believe that when it comes to short course, the SC10 is where you want to go if your racing. on the other hand, i think the slash is actualy extremely durable and from a durability standpoint is stronger than the SC10

buy an SC10 for you and a Slash for the basher.

dont get me wrong, the SC10 is a verry verry durable truck, the slash is just bigger, bulkier, and overall more durable

i jumped my SC10 down a flight of stairs and it came out in one piece. the SC10 is also verry easy to work on.

I'm not sure if I'm right but I want to say the SC10 has problems with the wheels? hexes or something in that area, but I'm not too sure. I was going to get an SC10, but I decided on the Blitz instead and couldnt be happier with it. I hope this helps :first_place:

i have a completely stock SC10 and am completely happy with it. when the SC10's first came out, they had an issue with the diff. this issue has been resolved and now all new trucks contain the correct parts and this is no longer an issue

Traxxas Slash Ultimate

i am a huge AE fan and i hate traxxas...i believe that when it comes to short course, the SC10 is where you want to go if your racing. on the other hand, i think the slash is actualy extremely durable and from a durability standpoint is stronger than the SC10

buy an SC10 for you and a Slash for the basher.

dont get me wrong, the SC10 is a verry verry durable truck, the slash is just bigger, bulkier, and overall more durable

i jumped my SC10 down a flight of stairs and it came out in one piece. the SC10 is also verry easy to work on.

i have a completely stock SC10 and am completely happy with it. when the SC10's first came out, they had an issue with the diff. this issue has been resolved and now all new trucks contain the correct parts and this is no longer an issue

Some people tells me that Traxxas Slash is the best truck of all times, and there are a lot of people that think traxxas is tough, bulk, and handle any punishment with glance, but if you visit the following link, maybe you rethink your choice about traxxas...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI15cjuVM6s"]YouTube- Traxxas Slash 4x4 Ultimate Edition Axel / Hex nuts Wobbling Affect[/ame]

Also, listen the gears carefully...

Just for that i decline to buy something else...like blitz

and now i guess blitz will be my better option

Thanks, any comments on slash 4x4 will be thankful

ok, i just did this same thing with my slash 4x4 PE and nothing wobbles like that... obviously he ran it due to the dirt on it.. who knows he didnt bend something very slightly you can't do some video like this after you run it in.. now stock that could be a small problem but wouldnt make me not buy such a great truck... i love my slash 4x4 a lot...

ok, i just did this same thing with my slash 4x4 PE and nothing wobbles like that... obviously he ran it due to the dirt on it.. who knows he didnt bend something very slightly you can't do some video like this after you run it in.. now stock that could be a small problem but wouldnt make me not buy such a great truck... i love my slash 4x4 a lot...

So, do you think that Slash 4x4 is better than blitz or sc10?

But in yours the gears sound like that? or this video is an isolated issue?

Please, tell me...

Thanks

Forgot to ask, which speed reach with stock 7c 8.4v Traxxas batt?

Thanks

If your racing in the stock class then get an HPI Blitz, also buy a Traxxas motor and change the gears. Everyone who has a Blitz here thats done that finishes in the front every race. Also by getting a 4x4 Slash, the only thing you will be racing is other Slashes as 4x4 has its own class. I prefer the Blitz myself.