savage x larger battery box or charger lead install help

• Thread starter pelicanprentice
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pelicanprentice

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
Hey all so my savage x has the port on the side of the battery box for the charger lead. Any idea on how I can set that up? I’m a little confused because my hump pack has that futaba connector and it plugs directly into my reciever. Currently I don’t have a power switch because my power switch is the original JST connector so i probably have to buy a switch too. However I assume the charger lead would plugs into the reciever directly too, but then when it’s charging wouldn’t it end up powering up my reciever? Or how would this work

Or

I would be happy with a larger battery box mod or soemthing because the small one is hard to put all the wires in without crushing

Thx

1st you can shorten the wires. just dont cut both wires at same time...and its never a good idea to charge any type of battery in a rc..always monitor battery so you can hear any thing that could go wrong and get it outside...Id think about a lipo if you know how to handle and charge 1 .if not stay with the nimh.. you will also need a ubec to drop voltage to near the same as nimh pack....as for a way to charge battery you need a male futaba style plug to charge battery..The plug with the deans on it is what I'm talking about

Attachments

• single cell plug.jpg
    single cell plug.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 78
1st you can shorten the wires. just dont cut both wires at same time...and its never a good idea to charge any type of battery in a rc..always monitor battery so you can hear any thing that could go wrong and get it outside...Id think about a lipo if you know how to handle and charge 1 .if not stay with the nimh.. you will also need a ubec to drop voltage to near the same as nimh pack....as for a way to charge battery you need a male futaba style plug to charge battery..The plug with the deans on it is what I'm talking about
ahh yeah that makes sense! thx! do u know of any way to make the cover bigger? because if i cut the wires i have to solder etc and I'm not that good.

You need a on/
Hey all so my savage x has the port on the side of the battery box for the charger lead. Any idea on how I can set that up? I’m a little confused because my hump pack has that futaba connector and it plugs directly into my reciever. Currently I don’t have a power switch because my power switch is the original JST connector so i probably have to buy a switch too. However I assume the charger lead would plugs into the reciever directly too, but then when it’s charging wouldn’t it end up powering up my reciever? Or how would this work

Or

I would be happy with a larger battery box mod or soemthing because the small one is hard to put all the wires in without crushing

Thx
You need a on'off switch with a charge lead. Cheap. Change your rx battery to Futaba an you done.

Back