savage : losi lst2 : what to do?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xucco.x8

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So I already own a xtm mammoth (very hard to find parts) and now I want to pik up another nitro. I want more of a basher and want to hop it up...what r the opinions here on which is better to find more parts at good prices that will stay in supply? a losi lst2/xxl or the savage series of trucks...thanks fellas

Last edited:
The Savage is by far the most recommended by the members on this forum. It is extremely durable and has lots of aftermarket parts available.

thanks.....i know this has prolly been asked more than a few times...but some other threads dont have many replies...i jus know what its like having a mammoth that is difficult to find parts for...i've done research on both the savage and the losi...seems more parts on ebay for the savage but i dont like the way it wheelies so easily...seems like the lst2 or xxl would be better for handling better and not do wheelies all the time

I have a Revo with center diff for that very reason. If your pulling wheel stands, you're not getting all your power to the ground.

One way to combat the tendency to wheelie is to use taller gearing. Another is what is referred to as throttle control which means not hammering the throttle when starting off every time.

I'm a much bigger fan of the losi. MUCH better control, and i see it every bit as durable as the savage, if not more so.

i have a savage 25 and lst
i think the savage can take more of the rough stuff than losi but thats just my opinion

ok, so let me ask this....what are the most common parts that break on the savage series of trucks and losi lst2/xxl when bashing? i think this will help me decide...but so far I'm leaning towards a losi lst2 or xxl.

Usually it's the loose nut behind the wheel that goes broke first. lol As far as what breaks on the trucks, I will have to defer to others on this.

I bashed the hell out of my LST as my first 4x4 nitro, and only broke the front right arm. And that was hitting a hidden stump at about 35-40 mph.

if u dont want to wheely that much ,use a higher gearing ..

Back