Saturday race @ Pit Stop Hobbies in Mt. Joy PA

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarnFabRC

RCTalk Talkaholic
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
I’m going to be running 2wd open buggy and 4wd short course. Maybe I’ll see some of you there?

I made a bunch of changes to my buggy, hopefully it behaves a little better than the last time. Ditched the long wheelbase DR/SC10 chassis and used an RB10 chassis. Loosened up the diff a bunch to try to keep it straight on power. I feel like those two things will make a huge difference. Now it’ll be up to me to learn how to drive the thing! 😂

IMG_2283.jpeg

Also re-powered my slash ultimate with a Castle SCT setup after finding the rotor in the stock VXL motor was bent and the battery lead on the stock ESC split the insulation wide open. Shouldn’t make much difference in speed but now I have some more control over throttle curve etc. and a 5mm shaft so hopefully this one won’t get bent too. I added some speed holes to the back of the body to combat parachuting and took out the chassis brace to allow for a little more flex too.

IMG_2284.jpeg
IMG_2285.jpeg

Super excited to get back on the track!

its 1 change at a time till you get it right.you will learn

its 1 change at a time till you get it right.you will learn
Typically I’d agree 100% but in this case I had 500k diff oil in the buggy cause it was setup to be a drag car and the chassis was so long I was high centering on things. It was a disaster. Haha. I basically made it a stock RB10 now.

dint know your Original setup. 1 would usually go to track before talk to podium drivers and set there rig as close to others as possible from toe to camber .gearing so on. then only make 1 adjustment per running. but good luck you be you

Back