Ryft system build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

partsmgr

RCTalk Racer
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I am going to build a Ryft and am thinking about a castle system for ESC and motor. Any recommendations here for a solid setup? I am thinking 3s or 4s with the 2 speed trans.

We went with the Tekin ROC412 HD 2300KV motor and the RX4 and I used a Hitec shift servo, but I had to design and print my own servo saver for it. You can see the build here
https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/axial-ryft-build.133765/
Based on Kevs build if you wanted something comparable from Castle Id say youd probably want a Mamba X / 1412 2100Kv combo and then just gear it down a bit to start and tune for temps. That combo is for the 3mm shaft version of the motor but they also offer it in a 5mm shaft version as well.

Thanks for the suggestions, guess I've got some research to do.

Thanks for the suggestions, guess I've got some research to do.
When you put the shift fork in the transmission, make sure you install the shift arm on the side of the fork with the counterbore in it. I missed that and it took me 3 tries dismantling and reassembling the transmission before I caught my mistake. It's not called out in the manual AT ALL.

Back