Best way to Install ESC?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ridgehead44

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey All!

I'm going to install the TC 4S motor/ESC combo in my Arrma Big Rock. Since the ESC is non-proprietary, it won't just screw in like the BLX ESC does. What's the best way to securely install an aftermarket ESC into a basher, that's bound to crash a lot?
(Please note, I installed a HW system in my Granite, by shoe-gooing it to the receiver case. This has worked really well, but I wanted to see if there's a better way to do it, lol.)

Thanks for any advice!

Hey All!

I'm going to install the TC 4S motor/ESC combo in my Arrma Big Rock. Since the ESC is non-proprietary, it won't just screw in like the BLX ESC does. What's the best way to securely install an aftermarket ESC into a basher, that's bound to crash a lot?
(Please note, I installed a HW system in my Granite, by shoe-gooing it to the receiver case. This has worked really well, but I wanted to see if there's a better way to do it, lol.)

Thanks for any advice!
3m double sided tape or my personal favorite hot glue! I'll take a pic of my rusty 4x4 when I get home. Its crazy lol.

buy a piece of Delrin off amazon then make our own plate to install esc.. its 3m dual lock.

Servo tape sucks. I glue all mine down with Shoe Goo. I've never had one come loose.

It's the racer tape like Reedy I've had all the issues with. The foam would tear leaving my esc dangling out the side of my chassis. I glue all my ESC down now.

Keep the rubber side down🤷‍♂️

I’ve never had that issue.

Servo Tape is what I typically use. The landing pad is also a good idea. Shoe goo is strong enough but provides zero cushion.

Back