New Ryft Esc question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdMiller86

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
Hey all, i bought a Ryft and it was delivered on Friday, getting a loaner battery from a fellow rc hobbier. I know it is 3s lipo compatible, but like most other lipo compatible RCs do I need to do any to the ESC or does it require lipo batteries and I don’t need to do anything? Thanks for the help

if irs a rtr ryft it should come ready to use lipo batteries

Not familiar with that truck. Make sure low voltage cutoff-lvc is on and working.

Yeah it’s RTR, I don’t know enough about or have the funds in the budget to buy good electronics and such for the kit, I’d love to buy a builder kit some day. But as for now I’ve got a redcat gen7 that got ran over by a golf cart that I’m doing a full rebuild on and using as a test dummy lol

Yeah it’s RTR, I don’t know enough about or have the funds in the budget to buy good electronics and such for the kit, I’d love to buy a builder kit some day. But as for now I’ve got a redcat gen7 that got ran over by a golf cart that I’m doing a full rebuild on and using as a test dummy lol
Did you toss his clubs in the water at least?

Did you toss his clubs in the water at least?
It was actually the wife that did it, we were on our way to crawling spot close to the house and she drove through a rough spot in the trail and it bounced off the cart and she ran it right over, she bought me a gen7 pro as a replacement but that thing is so too heavy it more of a tumble machine than a crawler 🤦🏼‍♂️

It was actually the wife that did it, we were on our way to crawling spot close to the house and she drove through a rough spot in the trail and it bounced off the cart and she ran it right over, she bought me a gen7 pro as a replacement but that thing is so too heavy it more of a tumble machine than a crawler 🤦🏼‍♂️
Sorry to hear that. Brass down low to help her hug more usually helps.

I had a custom lego car meet the same fate years ago with a pallet jack. May she rest in pieces.

Sorry to hear that. Brass down low to help her hug more usually helps.
So that's why my ex never hugged me 😜

I don't have the RTR Ryft, but there should be something in the manual showing the ESC settings. Though Spektrum ESC's leave a lot to be desired in ESC settings.

So that's why my ex never hugged me 😜

I don't have the RTR Ryft, but there should be something in the manual showing the ESC settings. Though Spektrum ESC's leave a lot to be desired in ESC settings.
I haven’t seen anything, the others I have bought had something that specifically showed what you needed to do to use Lipo batteries but not in this one so maybe I don’t need to do anything. I’m new to these kind of RCs, I’ve always just bought the Walmart special RCs so I’m not really knowledgeable about ESCs and such haha so I can’t tell a difference in what they all do haha

The info is in your manual. As you can see, it is designed to auto-detect the LiPo cells you are running by default. Worryingly, it is setup by default to cutoff at 3.0v/ cell, and only goes up to 3.4v/cell. I would DEFINITELY change the low voltage cutoff to 3.4v/cell. And look... they allow you to go down to 2.6v/cell. Those assholes are just trying to get people to destroy their batteries and burn up their RC's.
Screenshot_20230521-142906_Drive.jpg

Your good right out of the box up to a 4s lipo. No batteries included but 3s is great 4s is balls out! I've got the ryft and about $twice the cost in upgrades to. It also can now handle 8s lipo. Which is just stupid🤪

Your good right out of the box up to a 4s lipo. No batteries included but 3s is great 4s is balls out! I've got the ryft and about $twice the cost in upgrades to. It also can now handle 8s lipo. Which is just stupid🤪
I bet geared right she'd be on hell of a puller or climber.

I bet geared right she'd be on hell of a puller or climber.
Oh she's a beast! Got a 23 tooth pinion with the stock spur. [Had to mod the chassis with my dremel to fit. Extended links in the front about 2 inches. All metal axles, shafts and steering components. Metal drive shafts. Relocated receiver in the back fuel cell box. So much torque steer it can't go over half throttle and keep control or right-side up.