Rumor has it that the board has been a little quiet lately.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doom!

Team Dust Devil
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Flying
So what has everybody been up to? For me it's been health issues between the Mrs. and I. Haven't had much play time but I have a new rig on the way. Looking forward to getting the new FMS Power Wagon, should be here Thursday. :)

So what's everyone else been up to, RC related or not. C'mon you lurkers, I'm talkin' to you too!

Sorry to hear about the health issues. Hope you get it sorted out. Mays I shut down for some reason. Came a little late this year.

Spent a good portion of my money on my rs4 parts. No F450 yet, traffic is bad so I havent been running.

I've been on alot lately, but theres nothing to comment on. 🤣

Looking forward to seeing the Power Wagon. I may have to build one dubbed Power Trip with a fat Cummins. 🤔🤔

Sorry to hear about the health issues. Hopefully you guys get it sorted. I've been quite on here and the arrma side. Due to always working. I haven't had much time to do anything but work lol

It has been so hot 🥵 here in the Houston area (100 about every day) that I don’t want to leave the house! Its too early in the year for this.
Yeah, buddy. My window to get anything done outside or even in the workshop garage is like two hours in the early morning. By mid-morning it is already too hot.

As a result, hunkering down. Not doing much of anything, RC or otherwise. Watching RC MT and Monster Jam vids on Y.T. Also on Y.T. have been taking video airline trips up north in Canada. At least it feels cooler seeing all that snow.

This too shall pass. Cheers, guys. 'AC'

So what has everybody been up to? For me it's been health issues between the Mrs. and I.
Hoping you both have speedy recoveries, J.
As for me, I'm still in my gun phase. Whether it be firearms, airguns, or airsoft. I would probably play with my crawlers more if it weren't for the skeeters.
The next several weekends will be focused on house projects to get things looking presentable for my oldest's high school graduation party. So, that will significantly reduce my hobby time.

It has been so hot 🥵 here in the Houston area (100 about every day) that I don’t want to leave the house! Its too early in the year for this.
I feel ya on that one, we went from 88° two weeks ago to 105°ish all this week.
Not a fan of summer at all.
Sorry to hear about the health issues. Hopefully you guys get it sorted. I've been quite on here and the arrma side. Due to always working. I haven't had much time to do anything but work lol
Thank you and @Chubaka for the well wishes, I tweaked my back and Mrs. Doom is scheduled for surgery in early July. Things have been a little hectic, she should be back to normal by September if all goes well.
Same here. Work gets crazy busy in the summer time. Barely have time to play. I see traxxas released a new version of their 6x6. Looks pretty cool. https://traxxas.com/products/models/electric/trx-6-flatbed-hauler What do you guys think?
I understand the work thing, it's been kicking our butts lately, no energy to do anything after work but crash.

The new flatbed hauler looks good, but not quite my cup of tea style wise, my trucks haul themselves. 🤣 seriously, I like it but doesn't fit with my lineup.
Still mad at myself for getting into the hobby to late to get an Axial 6x6 unimog. That one I wanted.

Fits and spurts here.
20220622_160838.jpg

Overall, I've done a pretty good job with the whole f*ck cancer thing, but day to day life is not what it used to be- or what it should be- will be dambit!
20220622_192736.jpg

They tore up my neck pretty good digging out the evils.
20220622_192557.jpg

I've gotten caught up on my wrenching, for the most part.
20220622_192722.jpg

I just have the lcg to build, and some paint on the 24 hummer.
20220622_193208.jpg

Working half time is keeping me distracted from my impatience with healing, and at least contributing to some bills.

It's been raining way too much. Our little slice of Montara is going through literally the worst flood cycle in recorded history.
FB_IMG_1655252015469.jpg
Thankfully, I live in the foothills, so I'm not personally underwater. The flood of Californians has had a pretty significant impact, too...
With all the rain, my usual bashing spots are covered in 3' of weeds, so I haven't been doing any big stuff. The backyard track is actually looking great at the moment- hoping to burn some amps this weekend on that. All the construction sites are 3' of mud, so we can't really bash at that level yet. Just kinda waiting on drier weather and more energy. And rewatching clone wars in between kenobi episodes.

If it was supposed to be easy, we'd call it snowboarding.

@Xraycer have you picked up any new pew pew toys? You know I like those too.

@Pat_ranch Dangit man, quit hoggin' all the rain!

I've lost a lot of my bashing spots lately and haven't been able to find any good replacements yet. They just tore up the church parking lot and removed all the trees where I play with my Typhons.

I've been out with my crawlers pretty often compared to bashing...
Replaced our well pump which was a learning experience, saved a lot of money doing it ourselves though. Some mt biking and hiking with the dog. Church stuff..., graduations, a wedding that was 600miles away, house/yard work, fixing our klunker cars...cooking on the grill and smoking stuff (food!)...
Touching base over the Arrma forum a little. It always funny over there when Arrma comes out with a new rig or upgrades an existing one (4s oc and kraton).

Holy moly Pat. That road looks like a dry river bed. Wow. Be o.k. for RC crawling or monster trucks but not for daily commuting? Definitely a 4x4 road.

Got 1/2in of rain last night. So now its hot AND humid until that evaporates. Watched a DVD bought out of the Wal Mart $5 bin last night. "The Outpost". Got a feeling there'll be more $5 DVD's way things are going here.

Hang in there guys. Someday this summer's gonna end. Cheers. 'AC'

Last edited:
So what has everybody been up to? For me it's been health issues between the Mrs. and I. Haven't had much play time but I have a new rig on the way. Looking forward to getting the new FMS Power Wagon, should be here Thursday. :)

So what's everyone else been up to, RC related or not. C'mon you lurkers, I'm talkin' to you too!
I just got home from camping so I promise not to keep my mouth shut..lol

Bro over here its the EXACT opposite problem...dam rain/wind/thunderstorms won't let up.
Also, summer school. Business Tech here at BTECH.

Been working hard on my RC's and getting things going with my drag racing team and league. Outside of that, fishing, boating, the usual summertime stuff.

Sorry bout the health issues to all that have had them. Had a minor intestinal irritation/flareup myself (well, minor but still super painful at times). Better now though.

Been working hard on my RC's and getting things going with my drag racing team and league. Outside of that, fishing, boating, the usual summertime stuff.

Sorry bout the health issues to all that have had them. Had a minor intestinal irritation/flareup myself (well, minor but still super painful at times). Better now though.

Glad to hear your feeling better, you have been a busy boy lately. :)

Back