RMV Flywheel Puller

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweetdiesel

aka SouRGassssssss
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Here is a tool that is not used very often but is very handy when you need it. The RMV flywheel puller allows you to easily and gently remove the flywheel from the engine without damage to the flywheel or crankshaft. Usage is easy, just slip the two jaws over your flywheel and line up the center shaft with the end of the crank. Slowly turn the handles and your flywheel is gently pulled off. I used to stick my flywheel in a vise and hammer the crankshaft until one day I ended up mushrooming the end of my crankshaft, not to mention warping my flywheel from being squeezed in the vise. With the RMV tool, those days are over.

IMG_1123.jpg

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/cPath/89_139/products_id/4098

Dang Dom. Your beating me to the punch on all the tools. LMAO

I just used this puller yesterday on my V-Spec. Worked exactly as advertised. No more prying with a screwdriver wrapped in electrical tape.

This is my second flywheel puller. My first is made by Kose and while it does work, it is a PITA to use since it doesn't have a handle.

Nice Write up Sweetd.
Looks like a handy tool. It has to be better than the screw driver and hammer trick.

I will have to invoke RC Man Law #1343 on that one.

NCNitro said:
Not to take anything away from that puller, but you can go to an auto parts store and buy a battery terminal puller for under 5 bucks and it works great, and for a whole lot less too, same basic design.

http://www.autopart.com/tools/toolsmain/tool/T_A330.htm

If I had known they made something in the same size I'd have bought it. I've seen bearing pullers that also work on the same principle but they were too large to fit around the flywheel. Nice find.

That was actually a very old tip from our own Christian. They are the perfect size, and same design as the one you posted.