Revo-Is it worth waiting?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ericke1

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm in the market for the Revo, the best deal I've seen is at Tower for 449 less 20 bucks shipped at 429 (since I'm a club member). I really dont need the Revo now but wanted to buy it if I wont do any better in price if I waited till say January? If I waited till January, can I get a better deal or is it hard to say?

Also what is a good color of the Revo, I went to the Revo site and they dont display the various offered colors-any idea? I dont want red since everyone has that color, hows blue black or yellow?

Its all what color you want and what channel you want. Personally i would not wait i would get it now. In january you may not have that much money!

The black one looks the best.

Go to the traxxas web site and check out the gallery in the forum, lots of pics of the various colors. Get the revo now, check out Jon2 on this site, he has sold a few to members at a very good price. You can save alittle coin and have a great truck!

guys gotta point, how much will u if at all use it in winter (and breakin it in 2???). thats is what is holdin me from goin w/a truck (whether i get rid of the hyper afterwards is undecided)

-Ult

I guess the real question is will prices drop (or by experience do they drop). If I buy the truck, I will use it 1-2 times then I'm not going to be able to use it for 2-3 months since I'm moving houses then going to Europe

Yesterday I saved the Traxxas Revo on my shopping cart at tower hobbies for 449.00 and today the price is 469 but they have a 40 off coupon available. I placed the 40 dollar coupon in my cart and it worked, I can get the revo for 409 including shipping and when I went to the confirm page it listed the total as 409. Should I go ahead or tower will charge me an extra 20 bucks?

"A penny saved is a penny earned"

I would wait.

1. The price will come down

2. They are still ironing out some bugs and you will more than likely get a better Revo in the spring.

3. In the event of a cash crisis, you will have the money in the bank vs. a Revo you have to sell at a loss, which will hurt your soul as much as your bankroll.

4. No real advantage to having a Revo that you will not be using.

:2cents:
Mr T

the price of an r/c never drops for a while. hpi rs4 has been around for a while now and still cost about $330. about $20

i will post my revo soon i just got it yesterday havent messed with it yet i went on a shoipng spree ofa sort now i have to unpack everything

to answer your question

first do u have the money

seceond how old are you cuz x mas is comming

third i think that we have seen the bigest price drop for at leaset 6-9 months the tmaxxas are going to come down about 50-70 dollars
so i mean it depends if you want to bragg for wait unitl everybody else is braging as for my self i wanted a rc truck for at least a year now and waited a long time for the revo to come out. i had seen it a year ago at a show and man i tell you that i fell in love with it. i took mine out of the box just to see how big it realy was and i smelled that new smell and put it back in the back just as fast as i took it out.
the revo is a NICE truck man and it feels like a nice expinsive truck and looks like one too.

I'm in my late 20s and I can wait financially to buy it in January/February. But yes please post your pics, the gallery of traxxas doesn't adequately distinguish the colors. I like the black. blue or yellow.

Last edited:
Team Castrello said:
i will post my revo soon i just got it yesterday havent messed with it yet i went on a shoipng spree ofa sort now i have to unpack everything

to answer your question

first do u have the money

seceond how old are you cuz x mas is comming

third i think that we have seen the bigest price drop for at leaset 6-9 months the tmaxxas are going to come down about 50-70 dollars
so i mean it depends if you want to bragg for wait unitl everybody else is braging as for my self i wanted a rc truck for at least a year now and waited a long time for the revo to come out.

I think you just won RCNT's "Longest sentence award".

Mr T-Maxx said:

I would wait.

3. In the event of a cash crisis, you will have the money in the bank vs. a Revo you have to sell at a loss, which will hurt your cheeks as much as your bankroll.

Fixed your post.

:D

I'm glad I waited, hopefully by the time I purchase this latest recall will have been dealt with.

Mr T-Maxx said:

I would wait.

1. The price will come down
Mr T

Don't count on it. Believe it or not, I still have my reciept for the original T-Maxx I picked up when it FIRST came out: $389.99. You know what they go for today in most hobby stores? $379.99. And that's after the widemaxx suspension, shock towers, and TRX 2.5 were changed out. (IMO the 2.5 isn't an upgrade though!)

If you can get the REVO for $409.99 shippped, JUMP ON IT!! If that's the truck you want and you want it new, it's a real no brainer. You won't find it cheaper with shipping included anywhere.

Have fun,
Bryan

Back