Removing the Clutch Bell!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitro Rascal

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi I'm having some trouble removing the clutch bell on my hot bodies lightning ST 10 I've removed the screw on the front. What next? Thanks.

You almost need something like a flywheel puller. There is a cone shaped washer (I don't know the official term for it) behind the flywheel, you have to be sort of careful removing the flywheel so you don't mess up the drive-shaft. I believe the 'washer' is what makes the connection from the drive-shaft to the flywheel. I'm sure someone with more knowledge can tell us for sure. I know when I took my LST motor apart I had the same trouble.

OK but I don't have a fly wheel puller so I'm hoping for another method.

It sounds like MrClean is explaining how to remove the flywheel. To remove the c/b all you need to do is remove that end screw, it should come right off. If it doesn't slide right off, you may have a toasted bearing that is stuck to both the crankshast and c/b. You just need to tug on it some more

Ok I'll try that now, will I need to replace the bearing then. Thanks

It worked. Thanks for your help :D

Right tug on it some more. You might hafta pry on it gently. It might also be that the clutch shoes are binding inside the bell. But it's always a good idea to have fresh bearings

oops too late;)

Thanks anyway mate the bearings look find but I'll look into some more.

It sounds like MrClean is explaining how to remove the flywheel. To remove the c/b all you need to do is remove that end screw, it should come right off. If it doesn't slide right off, you may have a toasted bearing that is stuck to both the crankshast and c/b. You just need to tug on it some more

Good call Lessen, I must have still been asleep when I read his post....LOL.