Reds Racing Servo on Kyosho MP9

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alicankeser

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I have a kyosho mp9 tk14 and bought the reds racing servo (it is 25 teeth) and i also got the metal throttle futaba and sanwa but the horn doesn't fit the servo, i can push down harder but it scrapes the throttle horn teeth, what shall i do?

The futaba and Sanwa have a different spline count. I would get different spine servo horns if you want to use those servos. Don't force them on.

What are the futaba and Sanwa servos? Part numbers can help. I can figure out what spline the are.

The futaba and Sanwa have a different spline count. I would get different spine servo horns if you want to use those servos. Don't force them on.

What are the futaba and Sanwa servos? Part numbers can help. I can figure out what spline the are.
the previous servo that was on was (KYOSHO KS5031-09MW) and the throttles horns i have are IFW454 (25 TEETH) AND IFW455 (23 teeth)

the reds racing servo i now have is REDS SRX 40 (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1t1EzMjVqcGzMYr8G8CQCmghgS2hYv7nL/view)
the specs are in the link

whats weird is the old original plastic throttle horn was plastic which was on the (KYOSHO KS5031-09MW) servo when i try put the plastic horn on the new reds racing servo its a perfect fit. so where is gets confusing is the new throttle horn IFW454 (25 TEETH) is a perfect fit on the previous servo (KYOSHO KS5031-09MW) but doesn't fit in the new reds racing servo. so to sum up with a plastic servo horn both new servo and previous servo are a perfect fit only until when i use the new IFW454 (25 TEETH) throttle horn it doesn't fit the new one.

sorry if I'm confusing you even more

the previous servo that was on was (KYOSHO KS5031-09MW) and the throttles horns i have are IFW454 (25 TEETH) AND IFW455 (23 teeth)

the reds racing servo i now have is REDS SRX 40 (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1t1EzMjVqcGzMYr8G8CQCmghgS2hYv7nL/view)
the specs are in the link

whats weird is the old original plastic throttle horn was plastic which was on the (KYOSHO KS5031-09MW) servo when i try put the plastic horn on the new reds racing servo its a perfect fit. so where is gets confusing is the new throttle horn IFW454 (25 TEETH) is a perfect fit on the previous servo (KYOSHO KS5031-09MW) but doesn't fit in the new reds racing servo. so to sum up with a plastic servo horn both new servo and previous servo are a perfect fit only until when i use the new IFW454 (25 TEETH) throttle horn it doesn't fit the new one.

sorry if I'm confusing you even more

Almost sounds to me like a tolerance issue. If you have calipers measure and see if the Reds output shaft is just a touch bigger than the Kyosho output shaft. Then compare measurements of the inside IDs of the original horn and the new one.

if the servo arm is hitting top of servo then .you need to sand it down a hair or add a washer to to of spline to bring arm edge up.

Back