Redcat Racing Tornado EPX PRO RC Electric Car Buggy???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

broken_civic

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i have been wanting to get a budget awd 1/10 or 1/8 brushless buggy or brushed buggy to add one of my brushless setups too. i was curious how these are for the price? i'd prob. add a castle esc and run 3s. i might also add a 3500 traxxas motor. anyone had one of these?

All I will say even if a bunch of people disagree with me, DONT BUY REDCAT!

mind if i ask what's wrong with them?

nobody else knows any good 1/10 awd buggies for a decent price? could be kit, rtr or artr

Give us a ball park price range if you would.

Associated, Hot bodies and Ofna come to mind for buggy kits. They would all be able to handle the power your wanting to put down.

between 100-200. i don't care if it's rtr or a kit.

a kit would be much nicer, i like tinkering with stuff.

ok i dont care what anyone else says in this forum.....i have a volcano epx pro....its the factory brushless and I'm jumpin stuff that even losi's can't....yeah the plastics cheap....on the suspension...but guess what its only 40 bucks to buy the upgraded aluminum parts......and trust me there pretty freakin strong.....I love my redcat racing...and everyone else around me with trucks are starting to get them now....so whatever ppl say is what they say...I'm gunna say hey if you treat sumthin like crap then it will be crap but if you TRY to take care of it then it will last....so take it as it is but I love mine...

I wish I heard more good stuff about redcat. The price is right. Unfortunately, your only the 2nd person out of the hundreds of reviews I've read that has good things to say about them.

between 100-200. i don't care if it's rtr or a kit.

a kit would be much nicer, i like tinkering with stuff.

Hmm, $200 is gonna be harder to get something real nice with in my opinion. If you could save up some more, I think it would pay off for you to spend more.

I wish I heard more good stuff about redcat. The price is right. Unfortunately, your only the 2nd person out of the hundreds of reviews I've read that has good things to say about them.

i don't know much about buggies, can you guys tell me some models for those manufacturers that are awd on the cheaper end?

i wish i heard more good stuff about redcat. The price is right. Unfortunately, your only the 2nd person out of the hundreds of reviews i've read that has good things to say about them.

x2....

Hmm, $200 is gonna be harder to get something real nice with in my opinion. If you could save up some more, I think it would pay off for you to spend more.

i can't afford to put much more than that into a buggy without getting rid of some of what i have now. i really already have more rc stuff than i need.

I would go with a smaller scale truck or buggy if you don't want to spend any more money than you state. Associated makes some really good 1/18th scale buggy/truck kits in that price range. Traxxas has some good 1/16 scale trucks as well. These are all AWD.

I would go with a smaller scale truck or buggy if you don't want to spend any more money than you state. Associated makes some really good 1/18th scale buggy/truck kits in that price range. Traxxas has some good 1/16 scale trucks as well. These are all AWD.

well, i already have a 1/18 duratrax vendetta that's brushless. i had a mini lst2 and used it as well. i may try out one of the redcat buggies. i can't really afford anymore than 200 on anything. that's my budget. it looks like this is the only buggy that fits my budget "shrugs"

Last edited:
let me know how it turns out. We bought my dad a Redcat Racing monster truck for christmas. Its still in the box so havent run it yet but it looks nice :)

go with the redcat....i love mine and I'm doin this on a military paycheck with a kid and a wife....so not alot of free money floatin around.....you will break it...its almost impossible to not break it......but thats why you spend the lil extra money and replace the plastic with the upgraded alluminum....i dont care what anybody else says in this forum...if they tell you they dont break there r/c's then there liars or not bashin hard enough....thats the whole game of it....play break fix play break fix....etc...so i mean its your call..but i love my redcat...it gets more use than my .21 tmaxx does....

no lol i got the exhaust and everything workin on it....will take pics later and put them up....nothin special.....but hey it runs every once in a while lol....cold weather and a weak glow plug igniter make it hard to start

Back