Receiver Question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RPG.rc

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
When plugging in the throttle and steering to the receiver do they have designated pin locations.?? Or are they interchangeable.??

Here, does this help? Channel 1 is steering. Channel 2 is throttle.
Screenshot_20210917-035958_Chrome.jpg

The Signal wire is always toward the center of the RX body and the ground always faces the outside of the RX. :)

The Signal wire is always toward the center of the RX body and the ground always faces the outside of the RX. :)
This statement confused and the pic above confused me at first. Took me a minute to figure out what is actually being said. To me it sounded like Wolf was saying the signal wire is always the center wire.
So: signal wire always faces the inside and ground wire always faces the outside.
Got it!

What confuses me usually is when the wirings come in other colors, rather than the common red, white and black.

This statement confused and the pic above confused me at first. Took me a minute to figure out what is actually being said. To me it sounded like Wolf was saying the signal wire is always the center wire.
So: signal wire always faces the inside and ground wire always faces the outside.
Got it!

What confuses me usually is when the wirings come in other colors, rather than the common red, white and black.
They are white, red, black
Or yellow, red, brown.

White and yellow is always signal.

Got it!
j00 got it mayne!

The center wire is always the positive :)

Got it!

Ivd learned the closest to the red black and white, is the correct. My trinity motor has blue orand and yellow. Blue is black, yellow is lighter so its white, and orange would be red, unless the village idiot wired it.

I dont know if I got lucky, but I have 3 or 4 different color sets over the years.

Ivd learned the closest to the red black and white, is the correct. My trinity motor has blue orand and yellow. Blue is black, yellow is lighter so its white, and orange would be red, unless the village idiot wired it.

I dont know if I got lucky, but I have 3 or 4 different color sets over the years.
Yeah, I have seen motors with blue red and yellow as well.

It would make life simpler if manufacturers would adopt a standardized system. But, at least I'm glad they keep them in the same order 🙄

OP here.... Not sure my question has been answered. The thread has turned into a color book. lol.

Question here.... Can the steering plug into channel one OR channel two.?? Or does it have to plug into a specific row of pins.??

How about this..... True or false..... The steering plug MUST be plugged into channel 2. True or false.??

Probably need to wrangle up a manual for your particular receiver, not sure if they all use the same ports.
this is a typical Spektrum layout, I like that they label theirs.

spmmr200.jpg

ch 1 to right n left
ch 2 to go...
the rx plug can be lugged into any channel its up to the user to know where it belongs..

I have a couple high end servo's that the wire's are all black ,so what I did was looked at the
exposed brass connector on one side of the plug to see which way they are facing on a normal
colored wire connector an plugged it in an worked!
The plug on the servo wire has a open face on one side an a covered side of the plug housing ,
if someone has a different colored servo wire or one that has all black wires ,just look at the
original servo plug to see which way the open side is facing!

This may not apply to the ? ,but can help someone who has different colored wires!.. :cool:

OP here.... Not sure my question has been answered. The thread has turned into a color book. lol.

Question here.... Can the steering plug into channel one OR channel two.?? Or does it have to plug into a specific row of pins.??

How about this..... True or false..... The steering plug MUST be plugged into channel 2. True or false.??
Steering Chanel 1
Throttle Chanel 2
Always and forever
Steering is number 1 to rc the control
Throttle is number 2 as Throttle is 2 go foward and reverse

As I said in my first post, steering is channel 1. ESC is channel 2. Unless you want to steer with your trigger.

Don't just look at the pics. Read the replies 😉
As @WickedFog says, your question was answered on the very first reply. Duh

You may want to pay attention to the whole color conversation, it may just help you one day. How about that......True or false?

Receiver is a Traxxas. I understand the colored wires. Need no help with that. My question was about the ports. l'll go with StonerRC365's reply. Always and forever. Straight to the answer of my question. Thanks Stoner.

To all else.... Settle down. Duh. Tru Dat.

Receiver is a Traxxas. I understand the colored wires. Need no help with that. My question was about the ports. l'll go with StonerRC365's reply. Always and forever. Straight to the answer of my question. Thanks Stoner.

To all else.... Settle down. Duh. Tru Dat.
Ok, I guess my "channel 1 is steering" and "channel 2 is throttle" was just a bit too wordy in the very first reply to this thread. Good to know. I will try to simplify or dumb it down a bit more in my future responses. Thanks!