Rebuilding My Traxxas Nitro Sport

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stuckinohio55

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I have had my nitro for a few years now. I honestly have only used it for a short period of time. A few years back the batteries cut out in the remote and the car drove itself into a pond. I am now looking to rebuild it and possibly soup it up. I was wondering what parts I should get for my nitro to make it better

Well, if it went in a pond, I'd say new engine and bearings to start. It's a few years old, so you might want to get newer electronics too.

Only the front half went into the pond the engine was above water

i would prob replace all the bearings. u can get kits of bearing websites for the cars.
hows the shocks?
hows the foam in the tires?
hows the electrics? might be an idea to upgrade servos at least?

The shocks are still decent. I need new tires the ones that are on it are destroyed the foam is okay though. do they sale servos with fail safes on them so that doesn't happen again?

Traxxas offers direct replacements for your tires, though if you are replacing the tires, you really should replace the foams at the same time. Proline also makes good tires that will fit.

Thanks guys. I have one more question, What is the best website to buy items for my rc car

I would get new wheels and tires all the way around. Make sure all the bearings are good since its a few years old. Id get RPM arms, aluminum caster blocks and sterring knuckles for the front, RPM arms for the Rear with aluminum axel carriers. the stock servo assuming it wasn't damage in the water and is still functioning properly is ok for the throttle/brake but d look into a higher torque servo for the front. Definatly get a failsafe and if your using the 4AA battery pack do yourself a favor and buy a good 6V hump pack. If you really wanna beef it up you could put a better than stock motor in it eventually. I never got around to upgrading my motor and now I'm selling my nitro Rustler just because I have to thin out my collection some. I have more kits than I can handle right now.

Thanks guys. I have one more question, What is the best website to buy items for my rc car

Tower Hobbies, Horizon Hobbies, A-Main Hobbies, E-Bay (check the seller out of course). If you have a LHS, it's always a good thing to keep sales local, plus you can meet other people in the hobby.

Thanks to all