RCT Member Location Map!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No worries, it's all good.
Phew, thanks Joe (I'm working on addressing you all with your first names and not always by your username!)!
Mike Rapid City SD
Gotcha Mike! We've now got 35 members on the map, and counting! And 1.5k+ views!
All of are threads get derailed...😂🤣😂
Couldn't be more true! RCT: The de-railed RC forum! 🤣🤣 Just kidding, I love this forum and all the members! I was gonna make a pun about trains, tracks, and posts getting de-railed but I'm drawing a blank!
Chris, ZIP code 84328
North UT
OMG just realized there's no one within 200 miles of me 😢
Thanks Chris! I'm gonna have a good time typing in your username 🤣🤣 Never mind, have no fear, for the power of copy and paste is here! 🤣🤣

Dang, that sucks! Hopefully some other members will join and you'll find someone near you! I've added you, check out the map now!
I remember a frapper map or something like that... think it was on BYT.
What is a frapper map? BYT as in "Before Your Time"? I'm probably a couple of years too young to get the reference here 🤣🤣

Last edited:
What is a frapper map? BYT as in "Before Your Time"? I'm probably a couple of years too young to get the reference here 🤣🤣
It was like a friend map where you could post your location and share it with groups, then they could post theirs. Basically what your doing with google maps, but it was editable by anyone that signed up I think.

BYT (BeatYourTruck) was a forum I frequented 10+ years or so ago (back when RCTalk.com was RCNitroTalk.com). It's basically dead now. I tried checking it out today after remembering it and when I click on any links in any of the forums to open a thread, I get a web error. Surprised it's still even online as it's been pretty dead for a few years.

With software being what it is these days, can't believe there isn't a module that can be added in for a forum like this to have a google map showing all it's members who put in a location via a web service.
Dude I was literally going to say the same thing. It wouldn't be that hard to make a plugin that pulls members locations from their profiles then display them on a map, for the people who don't have a location set in their profile it could just put a dot in Narnia or something.
Chris, ZIP code 84328
North UT

400 miles for me.

Last edited:
With software being what it is these days, can't believe there isn't a module that can be added in for a forum like this to have a google map showing all it's members who put in a location via a web service.
Yeah, that was why I created this thread and the map! It's probably been done before elsewhere on the web, but I came up with idea myself.
Cool, by the way, if you want to add me it's 33852
Lol you can't resist joining either! 🤣 Anyway, I got you, check it out! I apparently was auto-signed-out, so when I went to my "other bookmarks", clicked the RCT map, and saw the singed out map view, tried to sign in, and saw this, I was like "Crap, no, no, my map!" 🤣 I singed signed myself in though!

And yes, for those eagle eyed, this time I didn't crop out the entire top bar of the screen, so you can see my main bookmarks, with RCT being a proud bookmark on there for a long time! Reddit might get demoted though, as I almost never use it anymore, RCT is much better than r/rccars 🤣
It was like a friend map where you could post your location and share it with groups, then they could post theirs. Basically what your doing with google maps, but it was editable by anyone that signed up I think.

BYT (BeatYourTruck) was a forum I frequented 10+ years or so ago (back when RCTalk.com was RCNitroTalk.com). It's basically dead now. I tried checking it out today after remembering it and when I click on any links in any of the forums to open a thread, I get a web error. Surprised it's still even online as it's been pretty dead for a few years.
Oh, I see. I hope everyone didn't post their exact location! There's a very good reason why I asked everyone to give their approximate location! And also, anyone could edit those maps? I can see some jokers or trolls deleting the whole thing or spamming it.

It's so old, when I searched "BYT" on Google, I didn't get ANY hits for "BeatYourTruck"! It sounds like a Nitro basher forum...RCT is still called "RCNT" in some places, like the "member rank" "RCNT Addict" (Which according to the forum, I currently am, even though I don't own any nitros, 🤣🤣 but yeah sure, whatever you say RCT!). I've been throwing around this joke in my head for a while, there's (or used to be) "RCNT", now there's "RCT", where's "RCET", as in RC-Electric-Talk? It just doesn't have as good a ring as RC-Nitro-Talk.

Anyway, I'm rambling again (boy, I do that a LOT! Maybe I should edit my username to "That_RC_Rambler"! 🤣🤣 Nah, that doesn't sound too good)! RCT is still going strong after like...20+years? I hope this forum is still going when I'm old 🤣

Attachments

• Screenshot (400).png
    Screenshot (400).png
    165.4 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Dude I was literally going to say the same thing. It wouldn't be that hard to make a plugin that pulls members locations from their profiles then display them on a map, for the people who don't have a location set in their profile it could just put a dot in Narnia or something.

400 miles for me.
First you guys team up to get my thread PINNED, now y'all are gonna get it it's own forum module/tab?! Not that I'm complaining by any means...🤣 Sorry, I don't think I can pin "Narnia", other than a bunch of places named after it. I can't really pin the "Bermuda Triangle" either 🤣

Not to rub in your face or anything, but it's 135 odd miles for me.
Hmm, not very accurate. It tagged me about 30 minutes away from where I actually live.
I know thats google maps, not you An_Electric_RC_Guy
Whoops! What do you expect "it' to do with a zip code?
Dang it, I have this gut feel that's gonna be a never-ending joke. Newbies will be so confused 🤣 I must come up with some alternate user name for YOU too!

Chris, ZIP code 84328
North UT
Edit: I just saw that you've changed your username (The new one...🤣🤣), so I'll also update the map accordingly. And for everyone else, whoever's changed their username, lemme know!

If you're still updating this map......
Brian-21783
Western, MD ✌️
Oh yes, the map is still alive and well, and I plan to keep it that way for years to come! I lost my Google password a couple of weeks back so I couldn't update it, but it's fixed now. BTW, for anyone else reading, feel free to join in! IMO this is one of those rare threads that doesn't really get "old". Some threads, like the "What Did You Buy Today" thread, were posted years ago, but are still rocking!

Anyway, thanks Brian! I've added you to the map, check it out! Sorry about the late reply :)

Hi guys, TRD here. Last night I had this great idea, what if I got an online US state map had the RCT fam share their general locations, and put their general locations along with their usernames (and maybe first names) on the map? So basically everyone, tell me in the comment your GENERAL locations (if you're willing, don't put in your exact street or anything, because of safety reasons!), and perhaps your first, real names (last name not needed, again, safety first!). I'll then chart out the locations with their respective usernames/first names. This way, we'll be able to visually see where our fellow members are! I'll update the map every few days, so if a week has gone by and you don't see your name and location, please tell me again! I won't really add anybody by myself, if you want to be on the map, tell me so! I think this is gonna be fun, and as always, feel free to have some fun in the comments!

For those of you outside the US, that's fine, as Google Maps...maps the whole world! Lastly, I know very well that all you guys are comedians, so some of you are going say your location is "in your recliner" or "in Heaven" (or in the opposite of Heaven...Lord help you), and so on; that's funny and all, but I can't map those locations, so do give your actual location after you've had your laugh! :)

I've started out by putting myself on the map, as you can all see. Admins like @WoodiE, @Slick2500, ect. can join in too!

Cheers, Isaac

EDIT: Ok, so thanks to @WickedFog, instead of using an online map and manually adding each person, I'll just link to a Google map thing I made instead. Once you tell me your general location, I'll drop a pin in that area, somewhat randomly, so sorry if the pin is on top of a school, or parking lot! 🤣🤣 Remember to look about, because some people live outside the US, like @Stigtheone.

Here is the Google Map!

Edit 2: Also, please separate your name from your location with a comma or something! I can always at anytime change the location and/or name, so lemme know if change is needed! Also, if there needs to be any corrections, please tell me too!
Thanks for the invite to the member map!
Name is Nate aka "Mango"

Thanks for the invite to the member map!
Name is Nate aka "Mango"
Thank you for joining! Got you, I know you've probably heard this a lot, but it's cool that you live in Hawaii! "Mango" is fitting, IMO! We've been to Hawaii too, specifically, Maui!
Teamradry1:, could you supply your real first name, if you're comfortable?

Last edited:
Back