RCT Member Location Map!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am just north of Bakersfield ,McFarland ,Caif. 93250!..👍
Thank Curtis! Everyone else, be sure to include your real first name, if possible, with your entry, but if you forgot but have your real first name listed in the "about" section of your forum user page, then it's ok if you forget. But if you DON'T have your first name filled in on your "about" section, we won't be able to know your first name! Anyway, I dropped a pin for you, cbaker65! Thanks a lot for joining, BTW!
Thanks teamradrz1:, could you provide your real first name if you're comfortable? You're on the map now! Thanks for joining, I appreciate it!
I will tag @WoodiE or @NCNitro . Would be the ones to talk to about that. I agree it definitely should get pined or something. Definitely a cool thread to be able to see everyone thats a member.. Well done bud 👍👍
Thanks man! We've got almost 1.5k views on the map!
I agree. Let's get this pinned so more members can see it. It is cool seeing where everyone is at on a map
Who knew this late-night idea would blow up like this!
Done! But keep it on topic. If it turns in to a free for all I'll have to unpin it.
WOO-HOO! Thanks so much man, I really appreciate it! It's really an honor! Ok, hear that guys? Let's keep this on track, no excess goofing off! :)
Hepher88 from Reading, UK
Dang, so many people joining (which I'm happy about)! Done, could you possibly provide your real first name, if you're comfortable with doing so?
How do I add myself to the map?
Read the "rules", in the original post by me, ie, give me your approximate location (like your city or zip code), and your first name if you're comfortable. Then I'll add you (which could take up to a day if I'm really busy with other things) to the map, only I can edit the map. This is so that the map won't get spammed (but I trust you guys, I just don't want some random 6 year old messing with it 🤣🤣) or deleted, ect.
Just post your zip code here. @The_RC_Dude has to add it I think.
You got it, only I can edit it (for obvious reasons, so it won't get messed up, so that I can keep it nice and organized).
BTW, I just wanted to thank everyone who asked for this thread to get pinned, great teamwork! 🤣🤣 One of my personal forum goals is to have one of my threads pinned, probably an overshare 🤣

Last edited:
Thanks Stoner, glad you like it! I'm hoping eventually someone can pin this thread so it won't get lost in the forum! (one of my own personal forum goals to also to get something pinned 🤣🤣)
You could put a link to the thread in your signature along with a link to the map. Then it will show up on all your posts.

You could put a link to the thread in your signature along with a link to the map. Then it will show up on all your posts.
He tried that, but was struggling to get it to work. Darn kids 😜

Odd. I just edited mine to have his text and the two links in it.

@The_RC_Dude Try using this in your sig:
Code:
[CENTER]What a great hobby and forum! Join my RCT member location map thread to be on the map!
[URL='https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/rct-member-location-map.133454/']RCTalk Map Thread[/URL]
[URL='https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=1mL8ywHnLqzLdKie4j6paDYy7cyf45nbb&usp=sharing']RCTalk Map[/URL]
[/CENTER]

I put mine back, so it's not there anymore. :)

I've tried, to no avail. @WickedFog kindly tried to help me, but somehow, at least on my PC, when you edit your signature, there's no "link" button, the dual chain link one. Kevin said that on his phone there was that link button, strange, considering that linking stuff on a PC is easier than a phone (IMO). Thanks for the idea though! I do wish I could get it to work, I've also tried the TinyURL thing that Kevin suggested.
Yup! Hey, who are you calling a "kid"? I'll have you know, I'm no "kid"! :)
Odd. I just edited mine to have his text and the two links in it.

@The_RC_Dude Try using this in your sig:
Code:
[CENTER]What a great hobby and forum! Join my RCT member location map thread to be on the map!
[URL='https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/rct-member-location-map.133454/']RCTalk Map Thread[/URL]
[URL='https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=1mL8ywHnLqzLdKie4j6paDYy7cyf45nbb&usp=sharing']RCTalk Map[/URL]
[/CENTER]

I put mine back, so it's not there anymore. :)
Yeah, I know. Thank you so much Bryan! I'm gonna try it now, I really appreciate you helping me out! It's this kinda thing that sets this forum apart from others, what with each other helping others out, I really feel like we're all good friends, even though I haven't even seen a picture of most member's faces! 🤣🤣

I'm gonna just copy and paste what you gave me :)

Crap, I just copied and pasted the stuff you gave me, from the "[ CODE ]" to "[ CODE ]", and it's too long! It said :

[*]Your signature is 16 character(s) too long.
[*]Your signature is 3 line(s) too long.
[*]Your signature may only have 1 link(s).
[*]Your signature may not contain disabled tags.

Am I missing something, was I not supposed to copy and paste the whole thing? I haven't messed with the signature thing much before.[/CODE] I've attached a screen shot of my signature page with your code, see how there's no "link" button?

Attachments

• Screenshot (395).png
    Screenshot (395).png
    231.3 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
I've tried, to no avail. @WickedFog kindly tried to help me, but somehow, at least on my PC, when you edit your signature, there's no "link" button, the dual chain link one. Kevin said that on his phone there was that link button, strange, considering that linking stuff on a PC is easier than a phone (IMO). Thanks for the idea though! I do wish I could get it to work, I've also tried the TinyURL thing that Kevin suggested.

Yup! Hey, who are you calling a "kid"? I'll have you know, I'm no "kid"! :)

Yeah, I know. Thank you so much Bryan! I'm gonna try it now, I really appreciate you helping me out! It's this kinda thing that sets this forum apart from others, what with each other helping others out, I really feel like we're all good friends, even though I haven't even seen a picture of most member's faces! 🤣🤣

I'm gonna just copy and paste what you gave me :)

Crap, I just copied and pasted the stuff you gave me, from the "[ CODE ]" to "[ CODE ]", and it's too long! It said :

[*]Your signature is 16 character(s) too long.
[*]Your signature is 3 line(s) too long.
[*]Your signature may only have 1 link(s).
[*]Your signature may not contain disabled tags.

Am I missing something, was I not supposed to copy and paste the whole thing? I haven't messed with the signature thing much before.[/CODE] I've attached a screen shot of my signature page with your code, see how there's no "link" button?
LEave out the [ code ], those are just to allow a person to post html/jsp/css into a thread so it can be easily copied.

however, your issue is you don't have a full sig like I do, so may not matter. Can try using this on all one line (don't copy the [ code ] [ / code] this time):
Code:
[CENTER]What a great hobby and forum! Join my RCT member location map thread to be on the map! [URL='https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/rct-member-location-map.133454/']RCTalk Map Thread[/URL] [URL='https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=1mL8ywHnLqzLdKie4j6paDYy7cyf45nbb&usp=sharing']RCTalk Map[/URL][/CENTER]

That's all on one line.

LEave out the [ code ], those are just to allow a person to post html/jsp/css into a thread so it can be easily copied.

however, your issue is you don't have a full sig like I do, so may not matter. Can try using this on all one line (don't copy the [ code ] [ / code] this time):
Code:
[CENTER]What a great hobby and forum! Join my RCT member location map thread to be on the map! [URL='https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/rct-member-location-map.133454/']RCTalk Map Thread[/URL] [URL='https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=1mL8ywHnLqzLdKie4j6paDYy7cyf45nbb&usp=sharing']RCTalk Map[/URL][/CENTER]

That's all on one line.
Oh, ok, got it. What do you mean by "...you don't have a full sig like I do..."? What's a "full signature"?
I tried it, following your instructions, but then it says it's 15 characters too long. So what I did was I basically replaced the "RCT Member Location Map" and the "Map" in my original signature with your linked words. I then changed your linked words slightly, just capitilazation, and replacing "RCTalk" with "RCT" to save space. I then saved the changes, so in the signature box, the sig was the same as my old one, but the "RCT Member Location Map" and the "RCT Map" are now your linked words.

But now that I'm looking at my new signature in this thread, like how everyone else would see it, the freaking words AREN'T LINKED! I'm utterly confused, first it was too long, I messed around with it, now it's short enough, but the linked words are not linked. I copy and pasted the new "CODE" you provided, the one that starts and ends with "[ Center ]".

Can you help again? When you paste "
What a great hobby and forum! Join my RCT member location map thread to be on the map! RCTalk Map Thread RCTalk Map
" in your signature box, and save it, does it say it's too long or the linked words and linked for you??

Am I supposed to copy and paste the above, and press any other buttons in the signature box before saving it? RN I'm not pressing any format options or anything.

Attachments

• Screenshot (396).png
    Screenshot (396).png
    305.6 KB · Views: 27
Oh, ok, got it. What do you mean by "...you don't have a full sig like I do..."? What's a "full signature"?
I tried it, following your instructions, but then it says it's 15 characters too long. So what I did was I basically replaced the "RCT Member Location Map" and the "Map" in my original signature with your linked words. I then changed your linked words slightly, just capitilazation, and replacing "RCTalk" with "RCT" to save space. I then saved the changes, so in the signature box, the sig was the same as my old one, but the "RCT Member Location Map" and the "RCT Map" are now your linked words.

But now that I'm looking at my new signature in this thread, like how everyone else would see it, the freaking words AREN'T LINKED! I'm utterly confused, first it was too long, I messed around with it, now it's short enough, but the linked words are not linked. I copy and pasted the new "CODE" you provided, the one that starts and ends with "[ Center ]".

Can you help again? When you paste "
What a great hobby and forum! Join my RCT member location map thread to be on the map! RCTalk Map Thread RCTalk Map
" in your signature box, and save it, does it say it's too long or the linked words and linked for you??

Am I supposed to copy and paste the above, and press any other buttons in the signature box before saving it? RN I'm not pressing any format options or anything.
I'm assuming it may be due to you not being a paying member, so your sig is limited as to what you can put in it. One of the perks.

I'm assuming it may be due to you not being a paying member, so your sig is limited as to what you can put in it. One of the perks.
Oh, that must be it! Yeah, I'm not a supporter, (if I was, you'd see a big ol' "Supporter" badge on my account!) I frankly have a lot of things I'm interested in, so that doesn't leave a lot of money for supporting sites and stuff, but if I had some spare money, I'd totally support RCT!

So is that how you, @WickedFog, @Greywolf74 (I really hope Grey comes back BTW...anybody know his email? @WoodiE maybe?) and some others have fancy, linked signatures? Could you help me make my sig linked, with the limitations of a non-supporter account?

And BTW, @NCNitro, sorry to kinda derail the thread, we'll get this back on topic soon!

Chris, ZIP code 84328
North UT
OMG just realized there's no one within 200 miles of me 😢

Back