RC18T with Mamba 25 ESC

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monkey Wrench

My last words will likely be, Crap that didn't wo
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hoping someone can give me a hand on this one.

Have a RC18T that I've had for awhile. Found out there is a shop that does carpet racing close by and want to get in on it.

While I am having issues with my old battery packs (another thread) I went and bought a new pack.

Charged it and this is what happens:

Full throttle forward. Green and red lights blink on ESC and it "hiccups" for awhile, then light goes full green and the car takes off. (I have a video of this, just not sure how to attach it here.)

Full throttle reverse, light goes solid red and car reverses no issue.

Recalibrated it, thinking that could be the issue, same result.

Any thoughts on the forward throttle issue?

Brushed? NiMh or LiPo? Was it switched to LiPo from NiMh?

To post a vid, upload it to Youtube and paste the link to it in your post.

Thats a new one on me. I'm guessing age may have something to do with it. It seems like an ESC/motor issue or possibly wiring/connection issue? That ESC is old enough where I've never even heard of it. HERE is a link to the user manual if that helps at all.

Thats a new one on me. I'm guessing age may have something to do with it. It seems like an ESC/motor issue or possibly wiring/connection issue? That ESC is old enough where I've never even heard of it. HERE is a link to the user manual if that helps at all.
Think I figured it out. Appears the battery wasn't as charged as I thought. Put a fresh pack in, and off it went! Guess that was the culprit! Appreciate the assist!

try a 2 cell lipo. I used mamba 25 way back and they dint like nimh .

Yeah, I would stick a LiPo in it. It'll run a bit better, and longer.

I plan on doing so as I bought a 1/16th Losi buggy today with LiPO's and like them alot! Thanks again, all!

Back