RC10GT2 radio problem!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darkslayor24

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
wow, i have never had this happen...my truck got pretty dirty while i was running yesterday so this morning i cleaned it up (took off the top tray, sprayed and wiped everything down with simple green, soaked the engine in fuel to clean it)...i put the truck back together after the tear down (didn't at all touch the electronics) fired it up and for some reason I'm getting radio interference...i am using a spektrum radio and reciever. the failsafe keeps turning on. (brakes aplied and wheels turned straight ahead) this has never happened to me before. even without the truck moving (sitting stationary) the failsafe will turn on real quick, and then right back off. i tryed a different reciever, and that didnt work. i even ran my electric truck with the same radio and that ran perfectly fine. to make sure it wasn't just a power issue, i recharged my reciever pack, and then even bypased the on/off switch...i just can't seem to figure this out...

note*- yesterday right before i ran i put the truck on the ground, and then saw a screw on the ground. it was not till this morning that i realised it held the clutch onto the engine. the screw and the outer bearing are now missing, causing a little side to side play in the clutch (the spur gear holds it on)....i at first thought that this could be it but then realized that it ran perfectly fine after losing it yesterday.

any help will be much obliged! :\

Maybe try some different servos with the said tx/rx. Maybe a damp board in a servo is causing a short and activating the fail safe?

Is your RX battery fully charged and putting out the correct voltage? If your RX senses a drop in voltage...the failsafe will kick in. If it is...you might want to rebind your TX to the RX. That usually solves problems with Spektrum.

well...it was the positive side of the battery connector. the pin was lose and wasn't making connection. however at the moment i have bigger problems....am making a new thread about it.

Back