RC update with slash and rustler and plans for the future

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Slash: I got the new titan motor in. Also installed the atomik aluminum bell crank. When I ran it last the pinion gear kept falling of the motor. I tighten the grubscrew all the way down and still did it. I am using stock 16/90 gearing. Might have to do with the gear mesh and the spacing between the pinion and spur. We have fields near our house and I want to go there with the rc's but I know with the slash the tires are small and not that wide like the rustler wheels. I am still using the stock tires and wheels. I want to get some 2.8 tires for off road use for the slash and the rustler. I will probably go with the duratrax lockups. Next upgrades for slash: Aluminum Caster and Steering blocks, Rear axle carriers, New body, On road tires, a set of off road tires (lockup mt), lcg chassis. I want to go with the lcg because I still want to take it to the track and with going in grass 1 inch shouldn't hurt anything. Also I want to but a led light bar on it for night driving.

Rustler: Have the aluminum caster and steering blocks on. The only thing is the camber link is coming out from the caster block. With the stock one it didn't come with a 5mm nut to put on the end. I tried to search for 5mm nut for rcs the only thing that popped up is 7mm wheel nuts and 12mm wheel hubs. Also thinking about getting a screw/nut kit with all of the different size nuts and screws. Also have the new rpm bumper on there. Way nicer than stock. And way more bigger so I can hold the rc from the front. Next for the rustler is RPM Arms and Front bulkhead. aluminum rear axle carriers, and metal gear waterproof servo.

Next RC? I think our next rc will be a stampede 2wd vxl. I will use the stampede for off roading. The slash and rustler will be mostly on road and track.

Also with the slash when I go off roading in the fields I will change the shock position in the arms for more height and shock travel. For the shocks i have blue aluminum hobby park shocks and running 50 wt in them. It is way to thick so going to go back to 30 or 40 wt on the oil.

Slash: I got the new titan motor in. Also installed the atomik aluminum bell crank. When I ran it last the pinion gear kept falling of the motor. I tighten the grubscrew all the way down and still did it. I am using stock 16/90 gearing. Might have to do with the gear mesh and the spacing between the pinion and spur. We have fields near our house and I want to go there with the rc's but I know with the slash the tires are small and not that wide like the rustler wheels. I am still using the stock tires and wheels. I want to get some 2.8 tires for off road use for the slash and the rustler. I will probably go with the duratrax lockups. Next upgrades for slash: Aluminum Caster and Steering blocks, Rear axle carriers, New body, On road tires, a set of off road tires (lockup mt), lcg chassis. I want to go with the lcg because I still want to take it to the track and with going in grass 1 inch shouldn't hurt anything. Also I want to but a led light bar on it for night driving.

Rustler: Have the aluminum caster and steering blocks on. The only thing is the camber link is coming out from the caster block. With the stock one it didn't come with a 5mm nut to put on the end. I tried to search for 5mm nut for rcs the only thing that popped up is 7mm wheel nuts and 12mm wheel hubs. Also thinking about getting a screw/nut kit with all of the different size nuts and screws. Also have the new rpm bumper on there. Way nicer than stock. And way more bigger so I can hold the rc from the front. Next for the rustler is RPM Arms and Front bulkhead. aluminum rear axle carriers, and metal gear waterproof servo.

Next RC? I think our next rc will be a stampede 2wd vxl. I will use the stampede for off roading. The slash and rustler will be mostly on road and track.

Also with the slash when I go off roading in the fields I will change the shock position in the arms for more height and shock travel. For the shocks i have blue aluminum hobby park shocks and running 50 wt in them. It is way to thick so going to go back to 30 or 40 wt on the oil.
use a lil dab of blue loctite on that grub screw and it will helpp keep it from getting loose on ya. For ofraoding you might want to consider getting the 4WD Pede instead of the 2WD Pede. It will perform better in your field.

I've had the stock traxxas pinion gears loose grub screws b4 try changing out the pinion gear.. maybe a Robinson 1 or any 1 with same pitch n gear #