RC Noob needs help with tires for Slayer Pro 3.3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IKoRyan

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hey guys,

I've got a question, I would like to find different tires for my Slayer Pro. Do I have to stay with Traxxas brand for the wheels/rims or can I go with any different brand if the specs are the same? Such as the width, height, and diameter? Do you guys have any recommendations for good tires for short course racing and off road bashing? The course is a dirt course with some loose patches, it is packed down nicely but it is not as solid as a clay track would be, if that helps. You guys have been very helpful so far and I'm looking forward to receiving your insight, seeing as I'm brand new to the hobby.

You can use SC wheels from any brand that produces them.

Another option is convert to 17mm hex and use any 1:8 buggy wheel you like.. And i think you will have a lot more options.

Thanks for the help.
How difficult is it to put tires onto the rim? Is there any special materials req'd or tools I'll need?

np.
lots of tires come pre mounted.
If you have to mount them you need CA glue and some rubber bands. That's all.

Depends. If they're beadlock, it's just screws and patience. If they're glue type, you'll need glue and lots of patience. Lol

So far I'm liking the Pro-Line tires, I'm going to hold off for now on the tire upgrade. I should be getting my Slayer today when I get home from work. Hopefully I do a good job breaking it in... I've watched several videos on how it's done and I've read the manual for it a couple times. I'm excited!

So far I'm liking the Pro-Line tires, I'm going to hold off for now on the tire upgrade. I should be getting my Slayer today when I get home from work. Hopefully I do a good job breaking it in... I've watched several videos on how it's done and I've read the manual for it a couple times. I'm excited!
If you're happy with what you've got now, spending the money elsewhere on the car on something your not happy about is always a better idea :)

I ran 17mm hubs and standard 1/8 buggy rims with pro-line moab's on mine when it was a slayer. I bash in grass most the time and a bit of pavement. Guessing going 1/8 buggy will give you the most options.

Back