RC hobby growing everyday.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr.Timebomb

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
So, I'm sure we've all heard the term "Man Cave", "She Shed", "Bitch Barn"... and the list goes on. Well let me introduce you to my "Him Hut" LOL. A 4x6 storage container. So not big enough for a "Cave", a "real Shed", or a "Barn" LOL.
20230223_171009.jpg

Got the new shelves up, and organized a bit.
20230223_171114.jpg

My sons jeep I inherited. LOL
20230223_171124.jpg

TRX-4 Tactical, Axial SCX24 B-17 Betty, and FMS FCX24 Butcher.
20230223_171048.jpg

All my transmitters. The sour cream container houses all of their batteries. The three on the right, are for my "Crawlers" that all have Traxxas winch kits.
20230223_171056.jpg

HG P602 6x6 MRAP, Heng Long M1A2 Abrams
20230223_171118.jpg

TRX-4 Sport. Modified with Traxxas Traxx deep terrain edition.
20230223_171100.jpg

TRX-6 Mercedes-Benz AMG G63 6x6
20230223_171108.jpg

Slash 4x4 (left) and the Slash 2WD (right).

Last edited:
So, I'm sure we've all heard the term "Man Cave", "She Shed", "Bitch Barn"... and the list goes on. Well let me introduce you to my "Him Hut" LOL. A 4x6 storage container. So not big enough for a "Cave", a "real Shed", or a "Barn" LOL.
View attachment 160795
Got the new shelves up, and organized a bit.
View attachment 160801
My sons jeep I inherited. LOL
View attachment 160799
TRX-4 Tactical, Axial SCX24 B-17 Betty, and FMS FCX24 Butcher.
View attachment 160796
All my transmitters. The sour cream container houses all of their batteries. The three on the right, are for my "Crawlers" that all have Traxxas winch kits.View attachment 160797
HG P602 6x6 MRAP, Heng Long M1A2 Abrams
View attachment 160800
TRX-4 Sport. Modified with Traxxas Traxx deep terrain edition.
View attachment 160798
TRX-6 Mercedes-Benz AMG G63 6x6
View attachment 160802
Slash 4x4 (left) and the Slash 2WD (right).
Welcome to RCT. That's a nice line up you have there sir.. got to love the RC hobby. Can't wait to see them in action. Especially the military rc's. How do the tracks qork on the TRX. I'm thinking of getting them just to get them. If they handle well. Still have to build my TRX-4. Starting ot soon. They look like they allow a fun run in some sh*t. Keep bashing bud

Him Hut makes for a good looking and well-organized motor pool, Dr. Tb. No problem finding a RC to field from that selection.

Scrolling down to photo four, like the RC garage/workshop. Looks like it was made by re-forming a cardboard shipping box? Will have to try that.

Welcome to the forum. Cheers. 'AC'

get those rc either upside down or on a stand off wheels they develop flat spots... put remotes in Ziplock bags

Last edited:
Amazing collection you've got there!

Just a friendly word of caution, batteries should not be stored in extreme heat, otherwise they risk premature failure. If there is any humidity in the area then your radios will tend to form rust on the internal springs and circuit boards causing premature failure. Rust will also begin to form on any metal bits that are not treated with an anti-rust preventative like WD40, etc..

I used to store all my gear in the garage thinking that was safer, but after a fellow racer in my area had his garage burn down when he stored all his batteries together in a box, it created a chain reaction and amplified the fire. I have since stored all my electronics in an HVAC controlled room with batteries reasonably separated.

Space is my problem however I solved that by taking over the finished basement of my house. It is a fully finished basement with two bedrooms and even a full bathroom so when the wife gets mad I have my "apartment" to go to lol.

Him Hut makes for a good looking and well-organized motor pool, Dr. Tb. No problem finding a RC to field from that selection.

Scrolling down to photo four, like the RC garage/workshop. Looks like it was made by re-forming a cardboard shipping box? Will have to try that.

Welcome to the forum. Cheers. 'AC'
If you're talking about the "garage" with the Betty, that's the display that came with it.

Space is my problem however I solved that by taking over the finished basement of my house. It is a fully finished basement with two bedrooms and even a full bathroom so when the wife gets mad I have my "apartment" to go to lol.
If i could kick my wife out of her hobby room down in the basement next to mine Id have plenty of room. 🤔

I feel like I'm in trouble already for just thinking about it 🤣

LOL
If i could kick my wife out of her hobby room down in the basement next to mine Id have plenty of room. 🤔

I feel like I'm in trouble already for just thinking about it 🤣
LOL

Welcome to RCT. That's a nice line up you have there sir.. got to love the RC hobby. Can't wait to see them in action. Especially the military rc's. How do the tracks qork on the TRX. I'm thinking of getting them just to get them. If they handle well. Still have to build my TRX-4. Starting ot soon. They look like they allow a fun run in some sh*t. Keep bashing bud
The tracks have the "deep terrain" treads. Because they are tracks, you have to change out the gearing. It's really slow (like slower than walking). However because of the slower speed, it's really "Torque ey" the rubber is semi hard, so it doesn't flex a lot. Awesome for the mud or sand though.
Storage space is always a problem. I told my wife we needed to build a room on to the house to expand my man cave cuz I dont have enough room. She just rolled her eyes lol
Well did ya at least roll them back? LOL
LOL that's funny. Same wrecker ideas.

get those rc either upside down or on a stand off wheels they develop flat spots... put remotes in Ziplock bags

LOL..I learnt the hard way ,I let 4 to 6 sets of tires rot in my RC cave ,they sat in a shed an
was exposed to the brutal heat in the summer an cold during the winter!..:doh:
With ya a 100% on that one!..👍

Ha! Me too, but I'll up ya one as mine also has a full kitchen! I rarely go upstairs! :celebrate:

DSC_3483.JPG

Jennie Poorgirl

I just call it my shop, one of 3 airplanes in there.

I store my batteries in the lettuce crisper drawer in the refrigerator at 44F. I want them as cold as possible, but with enough safety margin that they don't freeze, because they do have trace amounts of water moisture in them that will contract and expand on freezing and thawing. Not the safest place to store them, but at 50% charge and 40F... slows chemical aging and deterioration.

CHOPPERGIRL

Back