RC car/truck assortment of screws and bolts

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharlieTuna

RCTalk Talkaholic
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey everybody...
I'm looking to buy an assortment of fasteners. I'm not looking for a car specific set. I'd like to have an assortment that may include fasteners to fit alot of different brands. If I happen to drop or lose a screw I'd like to have a backup on hand. Does anybody know of such an assortment and where to buy them? It will sure eliminate alot of hair pulling. Thanks for any help you can give.

Hey GW.... Missed seeing you around. Hope all is going great for you. Thanks for the response and thanks again for all the help you gave me in the past.
CharlieTuna
Orlando

You can also stock up with assortments from Amazon. They have buttonhead sets, flat head, and cap screw sets as well. Just make sure you are getting hex head machine screws. And you can get them in various sizes. Then just fill in the blanks by buying individual screw sizes.

McMaster has the best bolts in the business, but they aren't cheap. The cheaper stuff is fine as long as you use good tools 😉

You can also stock up with assortments from Amazon. They have buttonhead sets, flat head, and cap screw sets as well. Just make sure you are getting hex head machine screws. And you can get them in various sizes. Then just fill in the blanks by buying individual screw sizes.

McMaster has the best bolts in the business, but they aren't cheap. The cheaper stuff is fine as long as you use good tools 😉
Thanks...
I also heard on here to get at least the 12.9 grade.

Thanks...
I also heard on here to get at least the 12.9 grade.
Well, when it comes to Chinesium screws... grade doesn't really mean anything 😜

But unfortunately, buying screws these days - that is likely what you're going to get, unless you buy Fastenal or McMaster screws.

The seller Greywolf linked above on ebay is who I buy my individual screw sizes from - regan001, and I have no complaints. They are well machined, and have a good oxide coating on them.

Having ran machines for 6 years that made screws, I'm pretty anal about my hardware 😉

I've been retired 12 years and was glad I didn't have to put up with it anymore. I stay in the garage and mess with the hot rods.
Went down washington, bumby amd down 1792. Tiny bit of rain and were stuck at 15-25mph. 🤣😑

All these new houses and apartments are congesting it bad. Be glad your not a part of it. What hot rods you got? Grew up with monte carlos, camaros and chevelles.

Went down washington, bumby amd down 1792. Tiny bit of rain and were stuck at 15-25mph. 🤣😑

All these new houses and apartments are congesting it bad. Be glad your not a part of it. What hot rods you got? Grew up with monte carlos, camaros and chevelles.
Hey Chu...all my hot rods are rc. Right now I'm finishing up the Mojave EXB. Hobbywing Max 6 combo, Reefs Raw 500. Checked diffs, screws, bolts etc.
The wife and I bought a brand new Monte Carlo in 1972....black, black vinyl top, black leather. I think I liked it the most.

Hey everybody...
I'm looking to buy an assortment of fasteners. I'm not looking for a car specific set. I'd like to have an assortment that may include fasteners to fit alot of different brands. If I happen to drop or lose a screw I'd like to have a backup on hand. Does anybody know of such an assortment and where to buy them? It will sure eliminate alot of hair pulling. Thanks for any help you can give.
Just a suggestion, but Jennys RC sells complete screw kits for the different vehicles they strip fairly cheap. I just bought a set for a Slash 4X4 and a Rustler VXL. You can also find complete screw kits from kit breakers on eBay. Another way if to buy assortment kits. You can get them pretty much anywhere, from places like Harbor Freight, Walmart, Amazon, eBay, and several others.

you can buy entire model kits off jennyrc for around $10. comes with some small pins/hardware etc too. at least you'll know its of equivalent quality to OEM. I've ordered some specific assortments like countersunk m3 or button head m3 off amazon, usually $10-$15 for an assortment, but it's chinesium stuff. use once and toss.

Hey Chu...all my hot rods are rc. Right now I'm finishing up the Mojave EXB. Hobbywing Max 6 combo, Reefs Raw 500. Checked diffs, screws, bolts etc.
The wife and I bought a brand new Monte Carlo in 1972....black, black vinyl top, black leather. I think I liked it the most.
I wouldnt mind a few Arrmas one day, and the mojave is one. That Raw 500 looks impressive, if the numbers are accurate. Wonder if I can stuff ond in my axial. 🤔🤔

The 80s is my favorite year for the monte, but I've seen some bad 70s. Being an 80s baby, the oldest cars I've been in is a 67 nova and 70 chevelle. After that 80s to current.

I wouldnt mind a few Arrmas one day, and the mojave is one. That Raw 500 looks impressive, if the numbers are accurate. Wonder if I can stuff ond in my axial. 🤔🤔

The 80s is my favorite year for the monte, but I've seen some bad 70s. Being an 80s baby, the oldest cars I've been in is a 67 nova and 70 chevelle. After that 80s to current.
Hey Chu...
Yeah man I grew up in the muscle car heyday. Graduated in '67 and went into the service. High school was some really great times.
I have a Reefs 500 raw in my Axial RYFT. Really like the Reefs.

I will be able to tell you the exact torque numbers on the Reefs 500 soon. Once WickedFog and I are done building our new servo tester I'll tests my Reefs 500 on it. :)

I have a Mojave EXB thats NIB that I've been toying with the notion of selling. LMK, maybe we can work something out.

Back