Rc Car Body Paint Strip

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpeedyBooty

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
Hey yall, I have this 1/10 nissan gtr body that i painted with spray paint a couple years back when i was younger( I know its super dumb) but I was wondering if there are anyways to strip the paint off so I can respray it correctly, I've seen all the wd40 and brake fluid tricks but I'm too afriad because I dont want to waste a perfectly good body that went thorugh some poor painting choices.
Thanks!

Not really sure, I think nail polish was one? Or unless that was for a different thing, idk

Honestly after tearing your hands up removing the paint then removing the oils to repaint, I would say it's not worth it.

If it's a money thing, vinyl wrap the outside or spray plastidip on the outside.

Worse case scenario use the new body as a display piece and abuse thise one.

I have no remote so I bought some wheels and neons to make it look nice as a display piece, I was just wondering If i could paint over the spraypaint, I sanded it down so its all smooth, Its just cracking due to the flexing of the body

Is this a hard body painted on the outside or a lexan body painted on the inside?

brake fluid only works on some brands of air brushed paints, most brands of aerosol sprays will require something more aggressive like acetone which has also been known to remove some silk screen paints, but requires a ton of effort to remove.

I tried brake fluid once and it was a lot more work than I realized, I switched to acetone and that was a little easier but still way more trouble than it was worth for me, never considered stripping paint ever again.

I've used citrstrip on 2 rc one toy grade one Lexan body .got god results minimal work. just washed off with soap and water

Is this a hard body painted on the outside or a lexan body painted on the inside?
It was painted from factory but I thought it was a good idea to use spray paint to paint it

I just watched some videos that recommended this product.
1695919243757.jpeg

Anyone here try it?
I have read here that DOT4 brake fluid works also but I have no experience in this so I am looking for some guidance also.

I tried brake fluid and it was painfully slow. If you’re taking off all the paint you can spread a generous amount all over, let it sit, and get back to wiping it off and repeating later. Precise work like clearing the windows is not fun at all with brake fluid.

My local hobby shop sold me some plastic-friendly paint stripper. I asked for the Tamiya stuff (also having watched that video) but they had pretty much the same thing with a different brand so I went with that. Very effective and easy to work with.

I tried brake fluid and it was painfully slow. If you’re taking off all the paint you can spread a generous amount all over, let it sit, and get back to wiping it off and repeating later. Precise work like clearing the windows is not fun at all with brake fluid.

My local hobby shop sold me some plastic-friendly paint stripper. I asked for the Tamiya stuff (also having watched that video) but they had pretty much the same thing with a different brand so I went with that. Very effective and easy to work with.
Do you remember the name of the stuff you used from your local shop?
Thanks.

IMG_4686.jpeg

The brand shouldn’t matter as it’s probably the same stuff in a different bottle but here’s what I got and it worked.

What are you gonna use it on?
There's airplane stripper at Napa that I've used before.

What are you gonna use it on?
There's airplane stripper at Napa that I've used before.
A Lexan body but only in specific areas. I have heard it is tedious difficult work.

Back