RC body clips pulling through body

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JacobPlott

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi me and my brother are building a stampede to mess around with he got it for his 15th birthday and we ran it constantly. We were kids so we wrecked the car a lot. The body clips pulled through the body shell. We just ordered a new body for the car because we are getting back into it and I was wondering if anyone had any advise on how to prevent this from happening again. Thanks

There are felt washers that are made to help prevent the issue that you are talking about.

For all my high speed vehicles, I reinforce the entire body. I apply drywall tape and ShooGoo to the entire inside of the body. It really increases the durability of the bodies. I suppose you could just use this technique to just around the body post areas, of you don't feel like doing the whole thing. There are quite a few YT videos about this. I use those skin tight latex/nitrile medical type gloves to apply the SG. I find it gives me more control than paintbrushes.

id just head over to amazon buy the color of felt you want. even a hole punch they have adhesive backed felt

Welcome to the site!

I had the same issues years ago. I ended up using a washer under the body, and another under the clip.

I found the best solution is to extend my truck and run Maxx Revo bodies from proline. To do this I made a home made extension I found online. My other truck I bought an flm 1/8 chassis. The first mod is $10. The chassis is $60. If interested, I can link the cheaper mod page.

My truck at the time was getting a good 6 feet of air on a built ramp, and jumping off truck docks, as well as sliding and rolling across a parking lot.

Thank you all very much I think I am gonna end up going with the Hot Racing body clip and washer set up. Again thanks to all for the recommendations

I just buy regular metal washers and drill out the inner diameter to that of the body post.
SDC13920.JPG

I used to fix my beat up bodies with styrene. You can make washers to glue underneath the shell pretty easily. In my slot car days I used to glue styrene strips to the insides of the body where the mounting holes were to stiffen them up. The contant on-off of the body between heats wore them out.

Back