Rb10 project Wheels/shocks

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buggyboi69

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
This might be a dumb question

I have a rb10 project I'm decking out to be competitive as possible.

My question is will these Schumacher wheels fit?

https://www.amainhobbies.com/schuma...rear-tires-2-yellow-schu6794/p861200?v=859790

Know there is a whole thing about the offset.
Looking for more traction on the dirt.

Also what shock oil would you recommend.
I'm bottoming out with the og shocks.
May be time to rebuild/upgraded springs.

Thanks

Yes those schumacher wheels/tires should fit. If the car has 12mm hexes then you're fine. With shock oil I am not sure. In my 4wd buggy (AE B74.1D) kit setup is 40wt in the front and 35wt in the rear i am pretty sure. For my buggy I just built it so still running kit setup but will probably change in the future. (Local track is indoor clay) In my bashers I am using 50wt front and rear (on my slash 2wd and rustler 2wd)

I would rebuild the shocks with 30wt front and rear and go from there. That may be too firm, but it will give you a starting point. Without first knowing what's in them it is a guessing game. And nobody here csn tell you what's best for your RC. Everyone drives differently, over different terrain, different jumps, etc. Tuning an RC is different for everyone.

If you are racing at a track, you can ask the guys with similar bughies what they use, but even then, your setup may run better with different oils front and rear.

I would also get a set of springs in various rates, so you can tune even further.

Also what shock oil would you recommend.
I'm bottoming out with the og shocks.
May be time to rebuild/upgraded springs.

Are you racing on a track at a local club?

Typically you want the car to bottom out on a jump in order to get full rebound and maximum grip... the key is setting up your suspension so that it "sticks" the landing on a single bounce, so if the car hops back up in air without the wheels touching the ground then you've lost grip.

Many times drivers try to increase pack but this will sacrifice performance in other areas so you have to find the proper balance when "robbing Peter to pay Paul".

A secret to get away with softer pack is to approach your landing with the nose of the car hitting the ground first to offset the impact into 2 phases between the front and rear... if the car lands flat on all 4 wheels at the same time then that's a single phase and will be more likely to "bounce" instead of "stick" the landing.

General rule of thumb is if you go with thicker fluid then you need to progressively go with stiffer springs at the same time. Only exception is change in temps... for example I run 550CST fluids in the summer and 350CST in the winter

I was today years old when I found out the front wheels were basically unscrewing my steering setup. Thankfully I didn't lose those brand new bearings I put in.

Back