Radio and Servos

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustyBoltz07

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I'm looking to get the airtronice MX-3 or the 3S for my revo. the only thing is I was looking to get hitec servos. will they work ok with the MX-3 and what hitec servos are good. I'm looking to replace both steering servos with 2 new ones (for a combined torque between 250 and 350) and the trottle/brake servo. on a budget. do digital really use up that much battery in the revo? or is analog fine for bashing? Thanks for any help

Analog is good for bashing. Hitch 645MG's are good servo's. I run the 645MG's in my buggy and futaba s3305's in my savage. Both work just fine with the MX-3 receiver.

Digital's eat batteries for lunch and aren't really for those who are budget concious, but then again, you might be able to find a single decent digital for the price of two 645MG's that will give you about the same output and more than likely the same current draw as two servo's anyway.

Get the MX-3S. I have one and love it. More features plus the synth Tx/Rx combo. If you get it all in a package you will get two pretty ok servos which can be used for steering in the Revo. Otherwise, most bang for the buck, use the Hitec 645's. Also, stay away from digital unless you really think you need them. Much more involved, and if you only bash, you won't need them.

Thanks for the help. Is ther any place where I can get just the MX-3S and the reciever? The servos that come with it on Tower only put out a torque of 53.

Does any one know what i can do with the 94102Z Servo. there's almost no use in the Revo for it, Right?

Last edited:
Check Hobbypeople.com. They sell both sets, one with servos and one without. If all they have is the one with servos, note this; the kit with the servos is like only 10.00 or 15.00 more. I priced the servos and they are 20.00 apiece new, so you are ahead 25.00 to 30.00. E-Bay them or use them as race day spares. I used mine in a road car.

I use different Rx's in all my cars, trucks and buggies. So far I have not had any compatibility issues. The only requirement is that the Rx is synth. I have used Novak, JR, Airtronics and one other one that I can't recall the name right now. The JR 310 is by far the smallest.

Revo Rancher said:
I use different Rx's in all my cars, trucks and buggies. So far I have not had any compatibility issues. The only requirement is that the Rx is synth. I have used Novak, JR, Airtronics and one other one that I can't recall the name right now. The JR 310 is by far the smallest.

And they all work with the Airtronics MX-3 xmitter?

Just curious as the receiver for the MX-3 is an expensive one... whether it's the synth or not synth.

Olds, I posted that I have the MX3-S, and all the Rx's I listed were synth. Yes, they all work with the Tx, and the Novak was the cheapest, and the second smallest. The Airtronics one was the most expensive. The JR fell in the middle as far as price.

If I recall correctly, the Novak was almost half the Airtronics, about 70.00. AT was about 120.00. JR was 99.00.

I wasn't sure if you were stating all the receivers working with the servo's he mentioned above or if the xmitter worked with all the receivers.

Thanks for the info.

Airtronics 94358 High Torque

I think that is the best servo you can get for steering a MT.

200oz torque, .10 speed.

I'd get analog for throttle.

Metal gears of course.

I can get around a hour of use with digitals.

Last edited:
Bouzouki said:
Airtronics 94358 High Torque

I think that is the best servo you can get for steering a MT.

200oz torque, .10 speed.

I'd get analog for throttle.

Metal gears of course.

I can get around a hour of use with digitals.

Do u use dual steering servos and still get a hour of use or just the one b/c I'm trying to stay with dual servos. and which throttle servo do u use.

On a side subject which servo brands hold up well. I like the Hitec best bang for the buck, but I've heard that airtronics are bullet proof. how do other brands like hitec stand up to them? Are they just as good, and I'm not just tralking about hitec, any brand. I'd really like this info before I go and spend an upwards of $140 for servos.

With the AT 358 you can get away with one for steering, but can't hurt to use two if you like. You will reduce your batt time, but you can always later upgrade that to a 2300 pack.

Use the AT 357 for steering. Same servo, just made for speed instead of torque.

Both are about 100.00. Check Rob's R/C Hobbies at 714-372-3777.

RustyBoltz07 said:
Do u use dual steering servos and still get a hour of use or just the one b/c I'm trying to stay with dual servos. and which throttle servo do u use.

On a side subject which servo brands hold up well. I like the Hitec best bang for the buck, but I've heard that airtronics are bullet proof. how do other brands like hitec stand up to them? Are they just as good, and I'm not just tralking about hitec, any brand. I'd really like this info before I go and spend an upwards of $140 for servos.

If you can, only use one steering servo.

The 8 is a monster, 200 OZ of torque and .10 seconds is more than enough.

For throttle, i'd use the Hitec 625, pretty good speed, good torque.

Airtronics, Hitec, Futaba, KO Propo, all good brand names.

You dont need Digital for braking, if you have one dig for steering and an analog for braking/throttle, your battery life will be fine.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXUZ88&P=ML

Last edited:
I've run JR, Futaba, Aitronics and Hitech. I like Futaba and Hitech the best. They last the longest. My airtronics gears go out after a short while and the 5 JR's I tried all got glitchy in a gallon or two of running.

My futaba S3305 in my savage has lasted 7 gallons so far. It's the longest lasting servo to date. I run one on steering and one on throttle/brake. It's a little weak for steering, but as a basher, I don't mind.

I've been running hitech 645MG's on my buggy, 1 for steering, 1 for t/b. They only have about a gallon of life on them and they are holding up just fine. Time will tell.

Hitec has new Titanium Gear servos, their specs dont impress me one bit though.

HS5996TG Hitec
Hi-Speed Titanium Gear
111oz @ 0.10 sec $114.95
HS5997TG Hitec
Hi-Torque Titanium Gear
181oz @ 0.14 sec $114.95
HS5998TG Hitec
Ultra Hi-Torque Titanium Gear
250oz @ 0.19 sec $114.95