Micro servo adapter

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrgoodwrench35

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
Is there an adapter for a micro servo to connect to a 1/10 scale servo arm? The spline shaft on the micro servo's I have are 9mm o.d. vs 12mm o.d. of a standard 1/10th scale steering servo. I have several little bottle cap looking servo adapters that change the spline count on 1/10 scale stuff but I can't seem to find anything for the micro servo's. The micro servo I'm referencing is the emaxx ES08MAII.

Someone recommended these for steering servo replacements on 1/24 scale crawler and it worked great. I bid on what I thought was 2 servo's on ebay and what I got was 12. I'm trying to use some of these to replace the diff lock servo's on a Trx4 but the factory traxxas micro servo's have the bigger size spline shaft (12mm) vs the emaxx servo (9mm).

Should I just get different servo's?

They are the right scale. The diff lock and hi/low shift servo are smaller scale than the steering servo. The factory diff lock servos are housed in a bracket designed for micro servos. Same with the trans shift servo. These emaxx servos seem plenty strong enough to pull the cables. Just the wrong spline size.

Since I have so many of these servos for cheap ($35 shipped for 12) then I was hoping to use them, even if I have to buy adapters it would be worth it.

Last edited:
The servos in the bracket on top are for the diff lock, bottom is a standard 1/10 steering servo.

20230906_185702.jpg

Below the servos, there are some adapters, just not correct ones. I was hoping to find something similar but no luck online searching. Hoping someone else has ran into this.

Attachments

• 20230906_185810.jpg
    20230906_185810.jpg
    362.9 KB · Views: 23
nothing was said USE . use them as you wish.

So no one knows of any adapters?

so are you trying to use a 1/10 servo horn on a micro servo?
Idk of any adapters. This also depends on how many teeth the spline has.
I did seen servo horn adapters. I saw them when i got a traxxas 2wd servo saver replacement. Comes with little plastic adapters. Not sure it is what your looking for. https://traxxas.com/products/parts/3744
What is the spline on the micro servos? might be able to find you a servo horn or saver for them.
For reference: on my mini b, i use a Savox servo with a Hot Racing servo saver for the savox.

if you need a longer horn. I've used spring steel plate and cut to size gotta drill it with a carbide bur. I used stainless steel safety wire to servo horn.screws will work also. or brass or banding strap not plastic

The emaxx micro servo is 15 spline. I did find multiple adapter sets but I couldn't find any that list specific spline counts.

Maybe (probably) I'm going about this wrong. Is it possible to get a servo horn, 15 spline, that is similar to the function of the factory traxxas one? The factory setup uses a small barrel shaped external spring servo saver.
I've never seen one quite like this.

20230908_074403.jpg

Can I just use a standard steering horn for the emaxx servo instead?

Last edited:
Is it possible to get a servo horn, 15 spline, that is similar to the function of the factory traxxas one? The factory setup uses a small barrel shaped external spring servo saver.
I've never seen one quite like this.
I found nothing for 15T servo savers. For the uses of these servos, for like diff lock or 2 speed, servo saver isn't really needed. The savers (mostly plastic ones) make it sloppy. And sometimes for it being sloppy, it might not steer properly so whatever its shifting, it might not actually shift the thing. Now if it is a metal servo saver, shouldn't have any issues.
Can I just use a standard steering horn for the emaxx servo instead?
Yes. Just try to find a metal or aluminum one, and the same (or close) length as the stock traxxas saver. And hopefully the hole for the screw is the same size for the screw for the link going to whatever its shifting.

15T Servo Horn - Google

Last edited: