Purchasing Arma Kraton- Any recommended replacement parts to order?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigKid

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys I finally decided to make the order. I was wondering if I should get any replacement parts that I would likely need in case of typical break. Thanks in advance

Hey guys I finally decided to make the order. I was wondering if I should get any replacement parts that I would likely need in case of typical break. Thanks in advance
from what I've read they are really strong as they are, as with all RTRs, servos tend to be weak, and i see alot of people going through wing/wheelie bar mounts.

Alloy center chassis braces are a good upgrade. The chassis likes to bend and the stock plastic braces snap. Some go with hot racing, others go with M2C, Voltage Hobbies and others. I went with hot racing on my outcast. Not sure if the M2C ones existed when I got my outcast. They currently make them so the upper mounting point on the front requires you to drill out the top plate for a m4 bolt, which they include the bit and bolt for vs the stock 3mm that likes to shear off.

Get the mugen shim kit and some diff oil to redo your diffs. They tend to come a bit on the loose side and don't hold up long on 6S. There are threads on the arrma forum for that and videos on youtube by @Rich Duperbash who's an avid Arrma basher.

@BigKid great choice going with the ARRMA Kraton!

These are the upgrades I'd suggest:
  • Radio system, the new stock Spektrum radio is pretty worthless. I'm a Futaba fan myself, but there are a ton of other good radio systems out there as well.
  • Bearings - I would suggest www.fasteddybearings.com
  • Aluminum servo mount - GKA and Voltage Hobbies are both great options.
  • Front and Rear aluminum chassis braces - Again GKA and Voltage Hobbies.
Be sure to post pictures once you get your Kraton!

Alloy center chassis braces are a good upgrade. The chassis likes to bend and the stock plastic braces snap. Some go with hot racing, others go with M2C, Voltage Hobbies and others. I went with hot racing on my outcast. Not sure if the M2C ones existed when I got my outcast. They currently make them so the upper mounting point on the front requires you to drill out the top plate for a m4 bolt, which they include the bit and bolt for vs the stock 3mm that likes to shear off.

Get the mugen shim kit and some diff oil to redo your diffs. They tend to come a bit on the loose side and don't hold up long on 6S. There are threads on the arrma forum for that and videos on youtube by @Rich Duperbash who's an avid Arrma basher.

Thanks I have been watching Rich Duperbash which helped me decide on the Kraton. I am also already looking into the M2C parts but will look at the other companies you mentioned thanks.

Hey guys I am getting this battery with the car. gensacearespammers 6S LiPo Battery 60C (22.2V/5000mAh). If you recommend a different bran please let me know which one and why shortly if you can.

What charger would you recommend? I have only had the Traxxas charger which does everything for you basically.

@BigKid great choice going with the ARRMA Kraton!

These are the upgrades I'd suggest:
  • Radio system, the new stock Spektrum radio is pretty worthless. I'm a Futaba fan myself, but there are a ton of other good radio systems out there as well.
  • Bearings - I would suggest www.fasteddybearings.com
  • Aluminum servo mount - GKA and Voltage Hobbies are both great options.
  • Front and Rear aluminum chassis braces - Again GKA and Voltage Hobbies.
Be sure to post pictures once you get your Kraton!

Thanks WoodiE I will look into these. What are your complaints against the stock radio? I think at the moment I will just be using the stock one since I am already spending close to $1k. But in time maybe I will upgrade if it is worth it.

Thanks WoodiE I will look into these. What are your complaints against the stock radio? I think at the moment I will just be using the stock one since I am already spending close to $1k. But in time maybe I will upgrade if it is worth it.
A lot of people are having issues with the current transmitter/receiver being offered with the arrma 4S/6S trucks. Dropping out signal, poor range, issues binding, having to rebind frequently, etc. The previous trucks came with a tactic system. The newer ones come with a low end spektrum stx2 system.

There are a few systems around $100 that are worth having. If this is your first RC and you intend on adding to your fleet, it makes sense to buy a decent system now and then just new receivers for other trucks later.

I run a cheaper Spektrum system and don't have too many issues. The DX5C. The only frustrating things I have to say about it is the lack of a charge port and the scroll/menu button. I got the DX5C this year I think to replace my DX3C which was 3 yrs or so old and abused. I had to program 8 or 9 trucks into the DX5C, so it was a pain going through the menu for 2 hours setting them all up.

Futaba radio's are known to be pretty good. I would have switched, but having 9 or 10 vehicles, I'd have to buy 8 or 9 receivers, at $60 a piece. But something like the 3PV would be a good unit for a basher like me.

There's a massive thread on the arrma forum regarding chargers:
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/recommend-me-a-battery-charger.1079/

And lipo's:
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/whats-your-budget-lipo-of-choice.218/

If your going to run 6S, then you need a relatively high wattage charger, especially if you want to charge at 2C (vs the standard 1C). A 6S 5000mah packs takes 5 Amps and 111 watts to charge at 1C. Double that for 2C charging.

This one won't quite do 2C for 6S/5000mah, but it gets mentioned quite a few times in that thread I gave:
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/skyrc-u...-charger-discharger-power-supply-us-plug.html

I run hobbystar 3S 6200mah 50C packs and have been pretty happy with them. I also run HRB 3S 5000mah 50C packs that I bought before the HS packs and they work ok, but don't perform as well. Not quite as punchy throughout the entire pack.

When I started, I ran 2x2S in my first electric (traxxas brushless revo v1), so I got a 4x10A 4x100w charger and it did fine. Now that I'm running 2x3S packs in the big trucks I now have (ERBEv2, outcast, savage flux hp), I still use that charger, but it takes a bit longer as it hits it's 100w cap at about 7.5-8A. I also have a hitec d7 (2x20/2x200w) that I parallel charge 4 packs on. I usually take 8 packs and 2 trucks. I also have a HTRC AC/DC 150DUO in my car wired to my battery that does 2x12A/2x150W for charging when I'm out bashing.

Likely would have been better if I bought a couple more robust DC chargers for home (and another for my car) and just used a couple power supplies at home instead of the AC/DC chargers. You will find a lot of that in that thread as well.

Last edited:
Thank W
A lot of people are having issues with the current transmitter/receiver being offered with the arrma 4S/6S trucks. Dropping out signal, poor range, issues binding, having to rebind frequently, etc. The previous trucks came with a tactic system. The newer ones come with a low end spektrum stx2 system.

There are a few systems around $100 that are worth having. If this is your first RC and you intend on adding to your fleet, it makes sense to buy a decent system now and then just new receivers for other trucks later.

I run a cheaper Spektrum system and don't have too many issues. The DX5C. The only frustrating things I have to say about it is the lack of a charge port and the scroll/menu button. I got the DX5C this year I think to replace my DX3C which was 3 yrs or so old and abused. I had to program 8 or 9 trucks into the DX5C, so it was a pain going through the menu for 2 hours setting them all up.

Futaba radio's are known to be pretty good. I would have switched, but having 9 or 10 vehicles, I'd have to buy 8 or 9 receivers, at $60 a piece. But something like the 3PV would be a good unit for a basher like me.

There's a massive thread on the arrma forum regarding chargers:
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/recommend-me-a-battery-charger.1079/

And lipo's:
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/whats-your-budget-lipo-of-choice.218/

If your going to run 6S, then you need a relatively high wattage charger, especially if you want to charge at 2C (vs the standard 1C). A 6S 5000mah packs takes 5 Amps and 111 watts to charge at 1C. Double that for 2C charging.

This one won't quite do 2C for 6S/5000mah, but it gets mentioned quite a few times in that thread I gave:
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/skyrc-u...-charger-discharger-power-supply-us-plug.html

I run hobbystar 3S 6200mah 50C packs and have been pretty happy with them. I also run HRB 3S 5000mah 50C packs that I bought before the HS packs and they work ok, but don't perform as well. Not quite as punchy throughout the entire pack.

When I started, I ran 2x2S in my first electric (traxxas brushless revo v1), so I got a 4x10A 4x100w charger and it did fine. Now that I'm running 2x3S packs in the big trucks I now have (ERBEv2, outcast, savage flux hp), I still use that charger, but it takes a bit longer as it hits it's 100w cap at about 7.5-8A. I also have a hitec d7 (2x20/2x200w) that I parallel charge 4 packs on. I usually take 8 packs and 2 trucks. I also have a HTRC AC/DC 150DUO in my car wired to my battery that does 2x12A/2x150W for charging when I'm out bashing.

Likely would have been better if I bought a couple more robust DC chargers for home (and another for my car) and just used a couple power supplies at home instead of the AC/DC chargers. You will find a lot of that in that thread as well.

Thank you very much. I have been reading through the thread for the charges. Woof head is spinning! I will follow up in the Arma forum when ready. Thanks again!