pros and cons of the traxxas t-maxx 3.3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwest3355

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi could some one tell me the cons and pros of the t-maxx 3.3:hehe:

Pros are easy to start, tune and run. Abundent part supply. Many hopups available and they are quite fast.
Cons are they WILL need hopups if you intend any serious jumping, although for normal bashing they are great.
WILL need tuned pipe to liven the 3.3 up.
Reverse will fail eventually, although FOC is cheap and is very good idea.

Yes they do break... When I go out jumping I can't hardly ever get through 2 tanks before I break something. But in comparison to my Slayer (which is almost a Revo) they are very easy to repair.

The weakest spot in the maxx is the bulkheads. The are not the best design. I had a Killer maxx and with a little money you could have a great truck. You will want Aluminum bulkheads and RPM A-arms with a Titanium turnbuckle kit. Also a Tuned pipe to bring out the power behind the 3.3 and a FOC to ensure that all the power gets to the Ground. Also A good steering servo. The 4908 maxx is pretty sweet with the extended chassis and Resonator pipe and a FOC all stock. Plus it has a Buggy bellcrank for better handling.
http://www.traxxas.com/products/nitro/maxx/tmaxx4908/trx_tmaxx4908.htm

Hope that helps.

buy a savage

:angry:Seriously? C'mon. Was the question Whats the pros and cons of a Savage? No! Don't even bother posting! :angry:

The tmaxx is a Decent truck. May not be every bodies favorite but It is still a great truck. Just has week bulks. Thats all.

about to part mine out on ebay-UE towers picco .21 and all the stock replacements one might need.