Project: ☠️ Dead Twins ☠️

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got these $9 carbon fiber chassis rails installed onto Goblin and also inverted the shocks. Snipped off the fake reservoirs on the shocks.
0110220807_HDR.jpg

Goblin is now sporting Injora aluminum high-clearance links.
0112222135.jpg
0112222135d.jpg

Well it finally happened. I finally lost a stock SCX24 stock motor. Goblin is dead for now, but my new 050 motor came today.

Here we lay to rest a faithful motor that endured, good times, and bad, but as all things must come to an end, it may now rest in eternal peace, and make way for a new motor, for we must go on.
May we bow our heads in silence.

zero day walking GIF by Nothing

Last edited:
No need for the somber atmosphere! Goblins don't stay dead forever.
As mentioned, Goblin's stock motor died yesterday. But as luck would have it, my new aftermarket SCX24 motor and esc had arrived from China. The esc does not work, but the motor does. The 050 motor is similar to that of the red Injora motor on Amazon. And like the Injora, this one comes with a motor mount.
Swapping out the motors was time consuming, but fairly simple. This motor has a lot more zip than the Injora.
I'd also put the foam back into the RC4WD Scramblers just to try it out. But, before installing then 5, I took an old soldering iron to modify the foam.
We got about an inch of snow last night, and with temps getting above freezing, the snow was very loose, heavy and wet. Terrible for rock crawling. So, I'll have to wait for more ideal conditions to truly test Goblin's new setup.
0125221217a.jpg
0125221232.jpg
0125221431e.jpg

Super cool! I gotta get a crawler someday...I'll probably cave in when I find a good deal on a crawler! Man those are really wide, just look at how exposed the hubs are! With them that wide though, the wheels look a bit small! I'd expect maneuverability in tight spaces to suffer a little. You're sure you're just "kinda obsessed" with the SCX24s and these micro crawlers? 🤣🤣

Reading through the thread, how did we get to the topic of what floors @Xraycer has? lol
Nothing wrong with a good bruising I guess...;)

I figured I'll leave the carpet matching the drapes comment out...:eek:
This is off-topic, but if we're talking about floors and stuff, why not! I gotta say, your avatar is hilarious, I wonder what's going on there! We all know your fondness of frogs..🤣

Last edited:
I've been trying to figure out a way to modify the Deadbolt's body to get full clearance, from their monster tires, without having to trim the fenders. This is what I finally came up with, and I'm very happy with the results.
My solution is to flex the door panels towards the chassis. I first glued a section of craft sticks along the inside edge, so the entire section will move together without much flexing. I drilled a hole through the bottom panel, and then one through the top of the "interior". I ran a steel wire from hole to hole, and when I got the flex I wanted, I secured the wire ends. How did you afix the wires in the cockpit?
View attachment 140280View attachment 140279View attachment 140281View attachment 140282View attachment 140284
I was also thinking about doing this but maybe trying a heat gun. It could double as rock sliders, as it sits now it gets hung up sometimes when articulating over some obstacles.

I was also thinking about doing this but maybe trying a heat gun. It could double as rock sliders, as it sits now it gets hung up sometimes when articulating over some obstacles.
I wanted to do something that wasn't permanent. The heat gun idea is good, but I can see it potentially going very wrong.

I wanted to do something that wasn't permanent. The heat gun idea is good, but I can see it potentially going very wrong.
Lol yes, I try to avoid permanent or too messy mods, especially when it involves glue! I can see it going wrong too (no offence though!), I'm thinking a warped and destroyed body!
Yeah, but I would rather put that $30 into an upgrade rather than to replace for the same body.
Same! Except for me, a ruined body for my buggy wouldn't be so bad, as a complete body shell + wing is less than $15! You used to be able to get them as low as about $8, but times have changed!

Last edited:
Back