problem with venom pro charger

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beason

Bash, Fix, Repeat..
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I was getting everything ready for the impending snow today, and was charging up the sticks for my e savage. when i turned on the power switch to the strip the charger is on, it gave up the magic smoke.. it still turns on, but says connection failed to the battery. I haven't had it a long time, and have used it very little. should i go through venom, tower, or just bite the bullet and buy another?

I'm not really sure why it went. i just charged that pack last weekend, and ran it in my tc4, it was sitting on the shelf since and was gonna charge it back up and go again.

any ideas?:(

I would try Tower then Venom and if all else fails then I'd buy another charger.

Mine didnt give off smoke but under three months after I got mine, all of a sudden it would just be a connection break on anything I tried. I got ahold of Venom and they replaced it for me. Been on the replacement for about 7 months now, charge MANY MANY packs with it and no problems.

i bought it in march.. wonder if they will do anything about it.

Give em a call, they might help you out. I know they have a pretty good customer service bases. Plus, their in Idaho, so they gotta be cool! lol

i called them about 6 here, they should ahve still been open since they are till 5pm pacific. i got the "customer service" voicemail. i left a message so maybe they will call me back.. ill try again monday.

well it seems venom is a great company. the guy called me back monday, he is sending me out a shipper so i can send it to them. they are going to replace the charger for free!!