Usb charger for losi mini went out on me

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
The stock usb charger my losi mini came with just recently went out on me. What I heard was a click then it stopped charging. The wall outlet was fine and the outlet port was fine. The charging brick I used was fine so I think it was the charger. I had been searching up charge leads so I can charge the battery with my actuall charger. What I was searching up was 4mm bullet to ec2 charging lead. What came up was what I was looking for but on ebay, Does anybody know how good they are? I have a 4mm bullet lead ready to go to solder on a connector to it. When my lhs opens up on Monday I'm going to have the guy there to solder on a ec2 connector for me.
Also should note I done atleast 25-40 charges on that usb charger since I got it in early march so it lived a long life. lol. By getting this new charging lead, it should charge way more faster than the usb charger. the usb charger took almost an hour to charge. If i can charge my 2s traxxas lipo storage charge-fully charged under 20 mins the mini b battery could be fully charged in 15 mins maybe.

Last edited:
make your own lead if you worried about the ebay one, purchased a few leads off ebay 15 years .

The stock usb charger my losi mini came with just recently went out on me. What I heard was a click then it stopped charging. The wall outlet was fine and the outlet port was fine. The charging brick I used was fine so I think it was the charger. I had been searching up charge leads so I can charge the battery with my actuall charger. What I was searching up was 4mm bullet to ec2 charging lead. What came up was what I was looking for but on ebay, Does anybody know how good they are? I have a 4mm bullet lead ready to go to solder on a connector to it. When my lhs opens up on Monday I'm going to have the guy there to solder on a ec2 connector for me.
Also should note I done atleast 25-40 charges on that usb charger since I got it in early march so it lived a long life. lol. By getting this new charging lead, it should charge way more faster than the usb charger. the usb charger took almost an hour to charge. If i can charge my 2s traxxas lipo storage charge-fully charged under 20 mins the mini b battery could be fully charged in 15 mins maybe.
At 1C, an hour is how long a dead pack takes to charge from empty. Many packs don't like being charged any faster than that. From storage, it should probably take half that time or close to it. Just because a charger can charge a pack faster doesn't mean you should. Unless it's written on the pack or documentation of the pack, 1C charge is the max you should use. So, whatever the capacity is divided by 1000. 5000mah capacity pack that is 1S-nS is still 5 amps to charge at 1C. If your small pack is 500mah, then .5A (point 5 amp or 1/2 amp) is as high as you should go.

Got a link to the connector you need?

Back