pre glued wheels and tires

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HSPGuy2190

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
taking tires off rims

boiling them each side for 10 min works :):D

were do u guys shop to get them

I've always avoided.them, unless i was planning on re gluing. I've never had a set hold up.

Oh thanks, wait I read that somewhere else when I searched for it.. You are an imposter!!

I second Alpines post, Pre-glued are spun in mass numbers on an assembly line and are bound to fail.. I have started glueing mine since I started getting into building kits, easy enough..

I also do not buy pre-glued but mainly cuz I like to mix and match wheel/tire combos. I buy alot of my wheels and tires from amain or towerhobbies though and they do have some preglued

I bought a set of pre glued big tires for a Mammoth truck and they were not glued on straight. I would rather do it myself.

Just get some good beadlocks, and never have to worry about glue again.

+1, Alpine. I've glued tires and used beadlocks. Beadlocks are a lot easier to re-use than standard rims as well.

glued

just wanted to ask cuz i did a pretty crap job of gluing my tires to my rims yesterrday i tryed it was kinda hard

heres a pic, laugh all u want

View attachment 11650 :\

Last edited:
I'm hinting something and giving you a hard time. You will learn me in due time good sir :D

In the oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes works great, and saves the foams.

haha. noobs.

TO THE BATCAVE!!!

Does boiling affect the chrome finish on wheels? I need to remove a GT2 tyre from one of my Savage X 4.6 black chrome Warlock wheels & don't want to damage it..

as long as they are on there and theres plenty of glue to make it stay that way its really not a big deal....after you've done a half a dozen or so sets you start getting the hang of it so less glue comes out of the bead but heres a tip....(if you're like me and want your tires to look pristine) if a little glue does get squashed out of the bead...just leave it alone and let it dry like that......it will be far less noticable than if you try and clean it up....lol at least I never found a good way of cleaning it up that didnt require acetone and scrubbing which is more trouble than its worth IMO.