Glue for tires,,,,,

• Thread starter Juggalo Racing 73
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juggalo Racing 73

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
What is the best glue anyone has found,, I have even blown factory glued tires off of rims,,, that is a stock rear wheel for Traxxas Slash

16732152930124344131369713495150.jpg

JConcepts Advanced Formulated Tire Glue-Med. Vis. is my go-to for tire gluing. Stores well in its sealed bag in the refrigerator too.

Key to a good bond between tire and wheel is pre-cleaning. Warm soapy water wash of both the tire and wheel beads. Once dry swipe it with denatured alcohol wipe.

After gluing, band the tire/wheel assembly with a couple of rubber bands and let set for 24hrs. Hope this helps. 'AC'

JConcepts Advanced Formulated Tire Glue-Med. Vis. is my go-to for tire gluing. Stores well in its sealed bag in the refrigerator too.

Key to a good bond between tire and wheel is pre-cleaning. Warm soapy water wash of both the tire and wheel beads. Once dry swipe it with denatured alcohol wipe.

After gluing, band the tire/wheel assembly with a couple of rubber bands and let set for 24hrs. Hope this helps. 'AC'
I will for sure look into that,, I absolutely hate blowing tires off of rims,, I blew 2 older tires off of rims today,, mind you I didn't glue them or know exactly how old the rims and tires were,, but I straight blew them off the rims,, lol

I will for sure look into that,, I absolutely hate blowing tires off of rims,, I blew 2 older tires off of rims today,, mind you I didn't glue them or know exactly how old the rims and tires were,, but I straight blew them off the rims,, lol
If you can find belted tires in the right size that will help also

Although any brand of CA will work, I find it very important to get the proper thickness to get the best result for the method I use to mount tires where many brands of CA are too thin and tend to become unglued very easily. I never trust pre-mounts from any brand and have learned that if you want it done right then do it yourself ;)

For 1/8 (EVO) style beads I make sure to scuff the beads of both the rubber tires as well as the plastic wheels with the cylinder shaped stone bit on my rotary tool, then I prep both surfaces with Simple Green and wait for them to be completely dry before gluing.

I use LOCTITE Professional brand CA which is a medium/thick blend of glue:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VL6MP94

Equally important to the CA used is a proper tip where I use these 18ga tipshere:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FSNQ7W1

After setting the beads in place with tire bands, very important to use silicone bands which last longer than rubber:
https://rawspeedrc.com/100-silicone-tire-bands/

Then I apply a bead of glue between 1"-2" at a time, I pull away the rubber to let the glue spread farther across the bead and then it begins to dry on both surfaces which makes it act like contact cement which makes an even strong bond. The problem with thin CA's is they tend to dry too fast and you can't pull the bead away to work it into the groove as effectively as you can with a medium/thick CA.

After I've gone the circumference of the wheel I take a shop brand blue paper towel to wipe any excess glue from the bead. I wait about 5 minutes before removing the tire bands and will finish gluing the other side of the tire.

After every hour of run time, I find it necessary to spot check the beads, not uncommon for the rubber to start to tear away and you'll have to re-glue the tires where I use compressed air to remove any dirt/gunk and scrape away with a hobby knife then use an alcohol swab to de-grease the area before spot gluing any sections of bead that are separating.

to extend the life of my foam inserts I make it a point to wash my tires at the end of the race day which allows plenty of time for the inserts to completely dry before next use. Wet inserts are more prone to getting cracks and will fail prematurely :(