Post a picture of your HPI Savage!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love those Axial wheels!!!!!!!

I assume you are referring to mine, and thank you. I think they are just about the best looking wheels out there, but they are kinda spendy. I really like the fact that I can change the tires easily and don't have to glue anything. I like the black chrome (with the Big Joes) set the best as the chrome on the other ones is starting to flake off. I want to get a set of them in flat black, I think they would look great with the new body that I got that I am painting mostly black.

That's a nice Mach 427 silver cooling head that you have on your Savvy.;):D

Thanks, but it's actually an entire Mach 427 engine that came with my Losi 8ight-T. It has way more punch than the stock 4.6 that came with the Savage kit, but I have a new OS .30VG sitting here that I need to install. I've had the OS motor for 3 months now, and the first time I tried to start it I didn't preheat the engine and snapped the pull starter so I ended up putting the Losi back in. What I really like about the Losi is the backplate allows me to start it with my cordless drill. I just bought a new pull start for the OS a couple days ago and need to quit being lazy and put it in. It should really get my Savage movin'!!

I've had the OS motor for 3 months now, and the first time I tried to start it I didn't preheat the engine and snapped the pull starter... I just bought a new pull start for the OS a couple days ago...

Just an FYI, pull starts are repairable. Might save waiting next time when you snap a cord. Once you do it a few times, you can take one apart, clean the recoil spring, rewind it and have it back together in 20 minutes.

I've done it a "few" times. ;)

olds - how about putting up a lesson on rebuilding a PS? i tried it a couple times and just coulding get the coil rewound and back in the housing. whats your trick.

Just an FYI, pull starts are repairable. Might save waiting next time when you snap a cord. Once you do it a few times, you can take one apart, clean the recoil spring, rewind it and have it back together in 20 minutes.

I've done it a "few" times. ;)

I've repaired them a few times too. The K4.6 I had snapped the cord several times, and I kept repairing it untill it was too short, then I just bought a new one. It was only $15.00 or so so it was no big deal.

this is my hopped up saage and i wanna sell it i need help any one know what it might

this is a savage 25 with a p3-.28 motor on it with all the trimmins like aluminum everything and hopups to boot help me out here

and its for sale i think i need a price tho any ideas

i has a list of hop ups starting as is

integy aluminum body mounts.
racing innovations skid plates and bumpers
hpi 3 speed trans kit
1 ince extended aluminum rails.
extended drive shaft stainless steel
stainless steel drive shafts and cv joints.
aluminum differential housing wilt graphite gears and aluminum bulkheads.
hpi racing aluminum shock towers.
integy aliminum piggyback shocks with aluminum springs in the back stiffer on take offs
reg plastik shocks in front
softer for landings
monster digs devil tails tires and six spike spoke rims aluminum
dual disk brakes system
aluminum carriers and hubs for the wheeles
aluminum hex hubs with spacers.
aluminum gas tank
picco p3-28 motor with integy motor mount aliminum blue)
i have also for it an rd innovaions super charger and nitro system but i dont wanna put it on tilli get the right rolll cage for it and i also have blue steel gas lines and

there is alot of crap on this and i have spare parts galore

Attachments

• P1020530.jpg
    P1020530.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 190
  • P1020528.jpg
    P1020528.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:
Hey guys, I haven't posted a picture of my new body since completing it 3 weeks ago. Took it for a test drive and rolled it once, so I figured I should get some photos before I get it too scratched up.

Here it is:
edited_01.jpg

edited_04.jpg

edited_03.jpg

edited_02.jpg

edited_05.jpg

I posted a video with the old original body, but I wanted to make a custom F650. Its the Proline body made for the larger trucks but I put it on my Savage X. It would fit an XL better, so I made the holes match the XL body mounts and will get a conversion kit later. I'm going to lower the body mounts and make a bigger hole to fit the motor out of since it overheats with this body on. I also need to make a hole in the window for some air flow. But I wanted to keep it looking pretty for a photo op first.

What'cha think?

Last edited:
nice savages,could some one take a picture of savage X or XL next to Reco 3.3 ?
I just wanna see how big are those savages.

Looks bigger, but they are about the same. If anything the Revo is wider a bit, but i say its because of the wheels. Hope the comparison helped tho.;)

yes,it's great,I was thinking which is bigger because so many people say that Revo is small and Savage is massive...

Sure. I have a gallon on standby, and spring is here. 77 degrees today.

so what you waiting for Rolex?

About 2" longer and another 2" wider than the stock Savage. Also about 9 lbs heavier.

Sav1ft.jpg

Sav1lf.jpg

WhShocks1.jpg

SavFuelLines.jpg

ExtSav1.jpg
that's one sweet Savage...
can't wait to see it on Ebay :hehe::p:
just kidding :hehe:

and I just realize that you got some sweet wheelie bar on it.

Last edited:
Nice truck, but lose the wing IMO. I like the mid-tank mod, may have to add that to the list for my truck this summer.

Well that wing saved my engine when i hit a curb and the truck went end over. Wings rule:hehe:;) It also acts as a wheelie bar!

Where are those pics of that crummy old rig Rolex?

Back