Our new fleet of airplanes (56k beware!)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kwong2001

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
My E-Flite Yak-54F

DSCN1421.gif

DSCN1412.gif

DSCN1411.gif

Dad's new Bluecor Trainer (scratch built)

DSCN1420.gif

DSCN1415.gif

DSCN1413.gif

Dad's new Bluecor Biplane stunt plane (also scratch built)

DSCN1419.gif

DSCN1416.gif

And all the planes in formation ready for take off.

DSCN1409.gif

DSCN1406.gif

DSCN1408.gif

DSCN1405.gif

Last edited:
Looks like dad's got the skills with BlueCor. That's cool because you can create all sorts of planes for pennies. They all look good. How does the Yak fly? Looks like it should 3D like crazy.

Looks like dad's got the skills with BlueCor. That's cool because you can create all sorts of planes for pennies. They all look good. How does the Yak fly? Looks like it should 3D like crazy.

I've only had maybe 10 flights on it so I'm still getting used to it. But it flies really good. It's got a pretty light wing loading which means I can fly pretty slow, I only use about 1/4-1/3 throttle for level flight and very rarely come close to full throttle. I only need to use about 1/2 throttle or less to hover and can hold it for a good 10-20 seconds most of the time.

Still needs more programming with the radio, I especially need to put in some rudder to aileron mixes, as well as a little bit of smoothing the throttle so I can play with the throttle more during hovering. The serious programming will come come later, right now I'm just trying to get back the skills I've lost in the 1.5 years of no flying.

A buddy of mine overpowered his Yak, went full throttle and twisted the fuse so bad that it was trash. Near about twisted it into. I don't remember what he was running now but that's something you may to be careful with....

Nice looking planes btw.......

-NB

Hmm, yeah I haven't had any problems with twisting other than a small crack in on the side of the fuselage, but I figure that's from me being too much a n00b builder who works fast with very little patience hehe.

I am running both the battery, motor, and propeller that's recommended for the plane (at least for the high performance outrunner setup). I'd imagine my setup is pretty much what Quique Somenzini (the designer) competed with.

JR 8103, I believe it's a 8 channel computer radio?

JRXP8103DT1.gif

Yeah, at this point it's even too complicated for me. You can put mixes in and tune it for a specific position on a channel instead of just a simple percentage (like on my Futaba). Much more precise but WAY too tedious.

Funny thing, I know of guys who could take several months to a year just to setup the transmitter to get the plane to fly the way they'd like it to. Even my Yak could take several months to get it the way I wanted to..assuming I was skilled and patient enough.

I believe my buddy went one up from recommended....lol....he always overpowered everything...

The 8103 is a nice unit, alot of my buddies fly with them. I use the 7202 from JR, I chose it for the simple fact that it's synthesized and I prefer JR equip. Doesn't have as many features as the 8103 but more than I'll ever need....LOL

I don't have any way of videos, besides, I'd be kinda embarrassed to show my plane in flight, I fly pretty docile.

Back