OS 21 RG dyno test?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johng

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Anybody have a power/torque curve for the .21 RG buggy? I know the mags often dyno the hot-new $$ engines. But this is a real everyday engine. I haven't seen it referred to for any published testing. If anybody has seen dyno results for this motor and is willing to share, please let me know. :cheers:

Alternatively, would anybody with experience with this engine care to comment on the OS rating of 1.9 Hp at 30000 RPM?

Thanks

John

i do not know any dynoed numbers, but i can say the RG has alot of low end power, and very smooth power output. while many say the RG doesn't have much top end mine did not do to bad running it on 30% nitro. for 109$ it definatly is the most reliable and well built engine you can buy for the price IMO. I've ran one in a converted t-maxx and an xterminator buggy and the mill did very well in both r/c's.

if i was to make an estimate on power output, right now I'm running a O.S. V-spec and it dynoed 2.94 hp, id say the RG is right on with its claimed HP, +/- .1-.2 hp. I'm very sure i could make it around our local r/c track faster with the Rg though, the V-spec is insane power i cannot control.

I ran the 21 RG on my maxx. It's an ok engine for power and an outstanding engine for reliability, as long as your con-rod doesn't snap in the first couple gallons.

My crankshaft snapped in two on mine at the 2 gallon mark. A friend of mine had a con-rod shatter at .5 gallon and tried another whole engine and it snapped at 1 gallon.

I'm now using one of his crank shafts and my everything else. The engine now has 5 gallons on it and still runs like a dream. Easy to tune, runs cool, starts easy... compression is about gone though. But it still starts and runs without a problem.

I never really thought it was all that powerful of an engine. After getting an Omega 21 Comp buggy engine, the OS seemed really weak. Then after my friend broke his second, he decided to get a PowerHouse 26. He only has about a little over a quart through it and it is already showing more power than any of the OS's RG's that we've run. He's also running his in a maxx.

Back