OS VZB V-SPEC: 2.94hp/104tq 44K RPM according to RCNT dyno

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hehe, i had similar "problems" good stuff.

On our straight we have only about 70ft and the V-Spec is just getting into the powerband when I have to hit the brakes. It too bad I don't get to exprience the 'real power' of the engine. It's so tight on our track I can't give it more than 1/4 throttle more than 80% of the time or I'm carrying way too much speed. I run the standard K3 13/46 gearing.

i have the same issue with my track, my straight is maybe 80' and then its full brakes. no chance to really let the engine run to its fullest potential. i was thinking about gearing down to a 12T bell. its not like the buggy doesn't have the traction for it.

12T! got enough power already! I've read guys running 14T and it feels the same. It's a good idea but poor gearbox/diffs. I think they're already being worked hard enough. Might blow the rear gearbox? Atleast gotta keep a very close eye on it.

who cares about the gearbox, they're only parts right? use a 12T to maximize the engines potential and just use your trigger finger sparingly. not only that, but it should make for some glorious displays of powerdrifting through the turns with a properly setup car. granted its not best for runtime, or wear and tear. but I'm in this for the fun, i hope everyone else is too. my buggy already pulls on a losi lst using the dynamite .26 its the next fastest car at the track. i may not be able to drive as good as that guy, but i want to pull on him so hard it looks like he's at half throttle down the front straight.

oh, and i really dont think your gonna blow a gearbox in a buggy, the only way i could think of doing it, is if you dont have the pinion and ring gear shimmed properly. and if thats the case, any motor would blow the gearbox eventually.

dangit, had a couple of bad landings (broke left front suspension arm) and scraped up that really pretty cooling head today, oh well, its just looks right. starting to get used to the power band, had the track to my self today and ran almost a quart. i still know this sunday if i get a chance to race (races start at 9:30 am, and saturday night is my designated get wasted night!) ill be giving those track marshalls a workout.

anyways jsut wanted to share that i already scraped up my V-spec head. dangit...lol.

dont worry mine has 2 scratches too, small ones though. its called "charicter"

well my local track here has a 185' back straight and lemme tell ya...i smoked a top p5 hot mod down it...pulled out and passed him from punch outta the corner....we were side by side and we hit em at the same time.....i bet i had a good car and a half at the braking point....i love my v-spec

and did i mention i am just now approaching the 1 gal mark and still has stupid cold pinch....temps about 225-230 at end of 10 minute heats.....

when you guys wanna see it really open its legs....go in about 2 hrs on the mid needle....lol...just keep an eye on the temps....A CLOSE EYE.....

too much $$$ to scald it....but at 255-265 this thing screams for more.....

sounds like you had fun there husky.

I'm at the one gallon mark now, and tore the engine down for inspection. I've heard of a few bad bearing reports over on the grid, so I'm installing an boca rear bearing just in case, as its just a 23$ replacement. would hate to have a bad bearing blow out and fry the rest of my engine. in any case though the stock bearing seems just fine. i noticed the sleeve was super simple. really not much at all diffrent than my RG sleeve. crazy how much power goes thru those 3 ports.

had a question though. i noticed when i took my con-rod off it was somewhat easy to remove, so measured the ID of the rod and the OD of the crank pin, and the tolarance was almost .002" between the two. does this sound about right?

Tried the 12T C/B for my K3 on the V-Spec but it doesn't fit. Got the Ofna 12T #360## the height is fine because the Ofna bells are deeper then the Kyosho ones but he outer diam. of the C/B touches the center diff supports and won't let me get a good mesh. Didn't feel like grinding it so I'll run the 13T for now. Maybe, I'll look at it again later

i will stop now. lol

Last edited:
tower has it listed at
2.48 bhp @ 33,000 RPM thats a big difference to the 2.94hp/104tq 44K RPM according to that was posted just my :2cents:

SPECS: Practical RPM: 3000-40,000
Output: 2.48 bhp @ 33,000 RPM
Bore: 0.654in
Stroke: 0.630in
Weight w/o Muffler: 12.7 oz (360g)
Height from crankcase bottom to top of cylinder head: 110.6mm (4.4")
Height/crankshaft center to top of cylinder head: 95.3mm (3.8")
Width including mounting ears: 45mm (1.8")
Width not including mounting ears: 30.8mm (1.2")
Width between mounting holes same side: 21mm (.83")
Width between mounting holes opposite side: 37mm (1.5")
Cylinder head diameter: 57.2mm (2.3")
Length of exposed pilot shaft/crankshaft: 29.6mm (1.17")
Internal thread size at end of crankshaft: 3mm

zandor said:
tower has it listed at
2.48 bhp @ 33,000 RPM thats a big difference to the 2.94hp/104tq 44K RPM according to that was posted just my :2cents:

SPECS: Practical RPM: 3000-40,000
Output: 2.48 bhp @ 33,000 RPM
Bore: 0.654in
Stroke: 0.630in
Weight w/o Muffler: 12.7 oz (360g)
Height from crankcase bottom to top of cylinder head: 110.6mm (4.4")
Height/crankshaft center to top of cylinder head: 95.3mm (3.8")
Width including mounting ears: 45mm (1.8")
Width not including mounting ears: 30.8mm (1.2")
Width between mounting holes same side: 21mm (.83")
Width between mounting holes opposite side: 37mm (1.5")
Cylinder head diameter: 57.2mm (2.3")
Length of exposed pilot shaft/crankshaft: 29.6mm (1.17")
Internal thread size at end of crankshaft: 3mm

The 2.48 is what OS stated the engine's spec was
2.9 is what the magazine doing the review of the product actually Dynoed the engine at...
OS has a good bad habit of underrating their HP......
I'm thinking of getting one of these too thay whoop A$$ at my track.....the RB takes it on long straights though....

what did they dyno the rb ws711 at? rpm and hp?

the only RB I've seen dyno results on was a RB C4, which made 2.52hp @32k rpm, and 77.41tq @32k rpm, with 30% sidewinder pro blend, nova #6 plug, and ofna 086 pipe. regardless of dyno numbers on paper everyone knows the v-specs and ws7's are great on the track.

Just got a second V-Spec as a gift for a spare engine. Maybe, I'll get it modded. Hot mods or RBmods? Got it on ebay for $239 + $20 shipping. Picked up a Wasp.28 too for my MGT and the V-Spec is built much better.

Some pics of the Wasp.28 engine and an engine almost twice as much OS .21 VZB V-Spec T. Pretty small venturi openning for a .28 vs the 9mm restrictor for the V-Spec. The OS carb will fit the Wasp and I wil run it in the future with the OS carb after I get my second V-Spec. Quality is alright for the Wasp but no where as good as the OS. The machining detailis are much finer on the OS and the Wasp is pretty rough. The ports are much larger on the OS than the Wasp. By the looks of it the OS is larger and robust and 'looks' like it will make more power. Look at the hole in the crank and the exhaust port.

It's cold here in the Pacific Northwest so I won't be running either engine until March 05. There are 9 pics so hit 'next' 8 times. The blue engine crankcase with the silver head is the Wasp.28 and the black engine crankcase with the blue head is the OS .21 VZB V-Spec T.

http://www.msnusers.com/flipracing/monstertrucks.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=132
[/url]