Reedy 121VR X-Dyno Test

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AB Mods

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I finally got around to doing some dyno testing on the Reedy 121VR .21 Off Road engine. I ran it in my truggy and noticed it had some good snap but seemed like it hit a brick wall and didn't want to rev out as if it didn't have a lot of top end power. I had been getting this feedback from customers that have sent these engines in for modification as well.. So on the dyno it went for the real unbiased test to see its entire power curve. The dyno showed exactly what i observed in car... Good punch but lack of top end. So to the mod bench it went.. Then back on the dyno for some testing. As you can see by the dyno chart the modifications have really woke up the top end and now this engine revs out a lot better due to its new found HP/TQ "in areas" in excess of .5 HP! And even gained some power down low as well. The engine now feels much smoother in car as the power doesn't fall off so hard in the higher RPM range keeping a more even feel through the entire power band.

Reedy121VRStockVsModified.jpg

I have not heard of anyone being happy with these engines. It looks like you made a nice gain but does it have enough top end now to be competitve? Do you have to run it 300F like most people are claiming?

After modified i only run temps of 250ish and have plenty of power and a good top end. Engine did see 270s or so when stock though to get it to produce any top end at all. Seems to want to run a little warmer then some engines on the market.

And yeah now it has enough top end to be competitive. Holding 1-1.1HP close to around 40,000 RPM is pretty good for any engine.

Back