OS 12 cv Hyper

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jetpilot649

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I am running a OS 12 CV Hyper in my XXX-NT. It is a great engine, except it leaks oil out of the front bearing. I have changed the piston and sleeve so it has a few miles on it. I want to change the bearing RIGHT. Do you heat the block ? if so how hot and with what ? I have also heard that a Dynamite bearing is better. Is that true or should I stay with OS ?
Thanks, Rick Harris.

Yeah you have to heat it to get the bearing out. Strip it down completely and put it in the oven at 300 degrees for about 10 min, the bearing should almost fall right out. You will have to heat it again to put the bearing back in.

I used the OS bearings on my last rebuild, so I can't tell you if another brand is better.

I dont think I would rebuild one again, it's just not cost effective. For a few dollars more you can buy a brand new OS engine. By the time you ad the cost of the two bearings, piston and sleeve, gasket set, you are damn close to the cost of a new mill.

Man NC hit it on the Head. I would reccomend staying with OS bearings.

Also it is normal to get a little oil fuel out of the front bearing so if it just a little residue I wouldn't pay it a lot of attention unless its really blowing out a lot...X

Boy you guys are quick and good. I want to say thanks you very much for the info.
I think that the oil is coming out a little but as you know you mix one drop with durt and it is a mess. I just love clean cars. I know I am plying in the durt so I should get over it.
One more thing The XXX-NT comes with a 18t cluch bell and we race on a straight that is about 80 ft is that too low gear ? I don't want to over rev. I try to keep the temps at 220 to 250. Does that sound good ?
Thanks again, Rick Harris

Sounds just fine to me as long as you are compeditive...X

Almost forogt welcome Rick and tell your r/c friends to check this place out also..X

Back