Off to see the wizard...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

9x19

Hardcore RCTalk User
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Military Veteran
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
Heading down to the Traxxas store in McKinney, TX tomorrow.

Need some small parts and it's only about 20 minutes away... have to build up my resistance first... they just have too many shiny things to look at hold and test drive... plus a convenient register and sales-folks! :happy:

Someday I need to make a trip up there.

I went up there once. It was funny, I bought a new ESC for my Bandit, but then we had to go back because I didn't know how to program it. Good thing I had tested it before we took our 3 hour drive back!

I'm curious about a few things, which can be dangerous to my wallet!

Want to get a closer look at the 'new' Raptor R (mostly the chassis and 'extreme duty' suspension/drive shaft bits).

I'm also curious if the 4Tec 3.0 is going away, or just the Hot Rod variants.

I've had this wiggling in my brain for awhile: turning a 4x4 Rustler into a Rat Rod.

Yeah, could be a tough visit. :joyful:

The 4Tec 3.0 ain't going away anytime soon. Sadly, they did stop producing the Ford GTs.:cry:
But I ought to say, the Rat Rod project sounds awesome.

Made it home without any new models, but it was close.

The Raptor R was interesting. While it is basically a stretched LCG Slash 4x4 (same A-arms and links), the 'extreme duty' axle carrriers and hubs were a different design. The drive shafts are splined the entire circumference of the shaft, just like the brushless E-Maxx were.

The little Rustler 4x4 is still in my mind for a possible Rat Rod, but I have enough projects going right now, so... maybe next time. :joyful:

Back