Faith in humanity restored... for now.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godale03

Awesomer!! Than Rolex!!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Well guys,

My wife and I took a trip north to Hidden Valley Resort in Somerset PA for our 6th wedding anyversary. Her parents have a house there so we took the opportunity to spend a weekend without the kiddies.... those opportunities don't come often so we took advantage. Well the weekend started off wonderfuly. We didn't do much but we relaxed enjoyed a couples massage at the local spa and then had a wonderful dinner. While at the spa the nice ladies working there advised us that a local Pyrotechnic group was doing their annual fireworks display. This year they were going to try to break a world record by launching 1700 salutes! (the loud white flash). So we drove to a parking lot to watch since the show was being shot on private property. We were up in the mountains so you could see for miles. So we were sitting in the car watching the show. Well I decided to get out and lean on the hood to watch the 1700 salute finally outside. Well, when I got out of the car, I failed to realize that my new Droid Razar had fallen out and onto the ground. To make a long story short... I realized when we got back to the house that my phone was missing. So I preceeded to tear the car apart looking for it and did not find it. By this time it was almost 11:30 PM. We drove back to the parking lot but did not find it after searching for 10 minutes or so. Well I wrote the phone off... so very pissed by now I call verizon to have the phone temporaraly disconnected and reported missing. Later the next day my wife and I went to see The Avengers. During the movie we got a call that someone had returned the phone to a verizon store an hour away. I was instantly thrilled! I was not worried about the phone... it was the pictures that I hadn't ever downloaded from the phones SD card.... which included pictures of my daughter right after she was born. The verizon store tracked us down by the serial number on the phone. So we drove to the store picked up the phone and the phone was totally trashed... it had been run over, but the SD card remained and the pictures were safe! So my faith in humanity is restored for now, and I will always be indebted to the person who found and responsibly turned in my phone... who I will never know.

Sounds like a good time other than the phone getting trashed.

Can I recommend you check out Dropbox? I'm a huge fan of this service, which is an online storage. 2GB Free off the bat and can get up to nearly 20GB without having to pay a dime.

Cool thing is, in your case it wouldn't matter if someone returned the phone or not as the new Dropbox android app will automagically upload photos from the phone to Dropbox. Worth checking it out!

Sounds like a good time other than the phone getting trashed.

Can I recommend you check out Dropbox? I'm a huge fan of this service, which is an online storage. 2GB Free off the bat and can get up to nearly 20GB without having to pay a dime.

Cool thing is, in your case it wouldn't matter if someone returned the phone or not as the new Dropbox android app will automagically upload photos from the phone to Dropbox. Worth checking it out!

Thanks for the advice my friend! I will check it out.

Tom

also if you have google+ they have an automated service to upload your pics to the server. may be something to look into.

Nice to hear something good can still happen in this world :thumbup:

Right! The phone was trashed and didn't turn on... but somone didn't have to pick up my busted phone and turn it in. They could have also taken the 16GB SD card out but they didn't... I'm sure glad someone went that extra mile. I know one thing for sure... If I ever see a busted cell phone somewhere or not busted for that matter, I will make sure to pay back the favor to someone else.

I also lost my wallet once. Someone dropped it in a mailbox and it came back to me in the mail... however the money in the wallet was gone.....

Last edited: