Noobs xmaxx build.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Btw, while I have never owned a pro-modeler servo i have owned that exact Savox servo. In fact I just bought one a couple/few months back for an upcoming build I want to do. They are damn good servos.
20211011_091025.jpg
20211011_092622.jpg

Lol, I know what you mean. i work for the gov and I know how they operate. "Cheapest price, technically acceptable". which just means OK heres the minimum specs we want. now give us the cheapest, crappiest thing you make that technically meets these specs. smdh

Geez. First you tell me to buy super expensive servos, now I find out you're living off the government 🤣. Next you're gonna say the earth is flat 😁😁.

Geez. First you tell me to buy super expensive servos, now I find out you're living off the government 🤣. Next you're gonna say the earth is flat 😁😁.
Bruh! I'm dyin' over here! 🤣🤣

Come on man...Everyone knows the earth isnt flat. Its a trapezoidal prism! :hehe:

Skate park went about how I thought it would 🤣🤣🤣. Got close to 15min before I botched the landing, bringing the whole truck down on the left rear wheel.

Got some pretty serious air multiple times. Probably close to 20ft.

Glad I already have rpm hubs on the way. I think I'll order a new body too. This one is getting pretty tough, especially after today 🤣.

20211011_133802.jpg

Skate park went about how I thought it would 🤣🤣🤣. Got close to 15min before I botched the landing, bringing the whole truck down on the left rear wheel.

Glad I already have rpm hubs on the way. I think I'll order a new body too. This one is getting pretty tough, especially after today 🤣.

View attachment 134848
Look up "Xmaxx Indestructable body" and "Indestrucable body sticker sheet" on ebay and get one of those for bashing. Then you can keep your good lid in tact :)

Nice Carnage!

Looks like I lost the antenna tube, broke the stock control arm and it looks like the pinion gear has been shifting. Glad I started pulling things apart.

Attachments

• 20211011_211630.jpg
    20211011_211630.jpg
    248.1 KB · Views: 78
  • 20211011_205006.jpg
    20211011_205006.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 79
  • 20211011_202550.jpg
    20211011_202550.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 69
Rpm rear hubs came in and put fast eddy bearing on the outside. These hubs are pretty beefy. Got the broken side done. Cleaned up the chassis and it's looking so much nicer. I'm still waiting on diff oil and shock oil to finish it all up. Hopefully have it done by the weekend if I don't have anymore 14hr days. The more I work on the truck, the more I wish I had gotten a new one or talked the guy down more, closer 500 or 600. The losi lmt came in. Waiting on my 2s and 3s batteries for it.

20211012_212620.jpg
20211012_183247.jpg

It never should be allowed to put military tested... Sorry... and WOLF that is a deep hole you jumped in 🤣🤣 love it . I also jumped down it with you the other day. Once I pulled up the link I laughed.. like you said a sealed bearing on a servo component thats constantly moving. Will definitely hold in the heat. And it's only taller thats it. And you need a bunch of extra crap to run that servo.. You can get a aluminum servo mount if you want from GPM. And you would want a 1/5 scale. But any standard servo will fit in the mount. The Xmaxx has a crazy servo stock single mounting system. So you need to tray to mount a standard 4 screw mount servo.

View attachment 134848
RPM rear hubs

It never should be allowed to put military tested... Sorry... and WOLF that is a deep hole you jumped in 🤣🤣 love it . I also jumped down it with you the other day. Once I pulled up the link I laughed.. like you said a sealed bearing on a servo component thats constantly moving. Will definitely hold in the heat. And it's only taller thats it. And you need a bunch of extra crap to run that servo.. You can get a aluminum servo mount if you want from GPM. And you would want a 1/5 scale. But any standard servo will fit in the mount. The Xmaxx has a crazy servo stock single mounting system. So you need to tray to mount a standard 4 screw mount servo.

RPM rear hubs

That's what I installed today Goober. Must have missed it lol.

That's what I installed today Goober. Must have missed it lol.
🤣🤣 yupper I did.. till now long day just got home from a emergency call to bed I go and back at in 5 hrs...you also need some loctite for that pinon. Oh wait I said that already days ago😉....🤣🤣🤣. Yeah skate parks are fun in the beginning. RPM needs to make more colored parts... nice job bud👍👍 talk tomorrow I hope if not another long day I know your pain

In all fairness you need a BEC capable of 8.4V to get the max out of both servos.
Yeah I get that about the BEC. But that's all you need for the savox and the servo mounting plate. Not all this extra crap for that BS servo. So it would be the bottom pick plus the mount plate and the arms and something else ibforget... crazy. It's about 300 for that set up.. 🤣🤣🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
Screenshot_20211013-082018_Chrome.jpg

Yeah I get that about the BEC. But that's all you need for the savox and the servo mounting plate. Not all this extra crap for that BS servo. So it would be the bottom pick plus the mount plate and the arms and something else ibforget... crazy. It's about 300 for that set up.. 🤣🤣🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️View attachment 134929

It's decided. I'm going to get a gas engine with two speed transmission for my servo setup 🤣

It's decided. I'm going to get a gas engine with two speed transmission for my servo setup 🤣
Hell yeah now your talking some major tourqe buddy nice😉👍🤣🤣
You aint gotta tell me. I have an entire 13x23ft room devoted to RCs and electronics. The addiction is real! 🤣
Oh I know it buddy.... when you find your self always looking at parts, kits ,tools, and anything else you can find for the RC you have. And there's always a package of something RC related showing up on your door step. Yea your addicted... its alot better to be addicted to RCs. Then other things that are out there. I've had my fare share in my teens early twenties. Really wasn't as fun as RCs that's 100% for sure👍👍🤣🤣🤣🤣
You have no clue 🤣🤣. Probably buying a 6s notorious Friday. Unless they get a outcast 6s exb rtr lol.
Oh you got bit hard.. it is a very addicting hobby. And a very expensive one also. Have you thought about getting a nitro?? There's nothing like them. The smell, sound, the shifting of gears.. love the smell of nitro in the morning nothing else like it.👍👍😁😁

Last edited:
Hell yeah now your talking some major tourqe buddy nice😉👍🤣🤣

Oh I know it buddy.... when you find your self always looking at parts, kits ,tools, and anything else you can find for the RC you have. And there's always a package of something RC related showing up on your door step. Yea your addicted... its alot better to be addicted to RCs. Then other things that are out there. I've had my fare share in my teens early twenties. Really wasn't as fun as RCs that's 100% for sure👍👍🤣🤣🤣🤣

Oh you got bit hard.. it is a very addicting hobby. And a very expensive one also. Have you thought about getting a nitro?? There's nothing like them. The smell, sound, the shifting of gears.. love the smell of nitro in the morning nothing else like it.👍👍😁😁

It's not as bad as I am with full size cars 🤣🤣. But with RCs, there's more variety(for the money invested) and I don't have to crawl around on my back. I really don't like the sound of 2 stroke and small displacement engines. I do Rev up my weed eater when I use it though 🤣🤣.
I do kinda miss the sound of my mustang. I think that's from when the car was tune only vs a nitrous+supercharged civic lol. I had to start in 3rd vs 2nd because of traction issues.

Got the back of the truck together. All of the rear bearings were in rough shape. Everything is much more quiet now.

20211013_212256.jpg

Man I havent made any trips to Mexico this year. I kinda cooled my jet after getting a wreckless op ticket. Sucks when you have to worry about getting in trouble because of your job but whatchya gonna do? 🤷‍♂️

Man I havent made any trips to Mexico this year. I kinda cooled my jet after getting a wreckless op ticket. Sucks when you have to worry about getting in trouble because of your job but whatchya gonna do? 🤷‍♂️

Yea, that was a huge concern for me. I drive a bucket truck everyday lol. We had a couple good spots for Mexico runs, but more and more people started going there. Which eventually "burned" the spots and the cops go out their way to go by those spots lol. It's only been a couple of weeks but overall, I don't miss the car.

Back