Noobs xmaxx build.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You will definitely want to keep a eye on your esc temps... While you are running those bigger lipos.. The VXL really isn't that good of esc to begin with..might start to over heat on you. Just a heads up bud👍👍let us know how they work out

ifhedies.jpg

🤣🤣🤣. Hopefully it'll hold decently or long enough for me to get another rig that'll give me opportunity to start upgrading xmaxx electronics. I know I definitely want a stronger servo already.

View attachment 134775

🤣🤣🤣. Hopefully it'll hold decently or long enough for me to get another rig that'll give me opportunity to start upgrading xmaxx electronics. I know I definitely want a stronger servo already.
The traxxas 2085X is a pretty good servo. Imo should have been the stock servo but oh well.. Or you can go with a Savox servo. The 2085X is a straight drop in. Any other standard servo will need a mount bracket. Like this one

https://www.amainhobbies.com/traxxas-xmaxx-standard-servo-adapter-tra7749/p-qqavqqtq7zqxactz

https://www.rcsuperstore.com/traxxas-2085x-digital-high-torque-metal-gear-servo-for-x-maxx/

https://www.rcplanet.com/savox-wate...9TAZSzda0kpxU7zH-z-c7CjhwV7Rn_zoaAktuEALw_wcB

Depends on how the new batteries act. Going from 5200mah 50c, to 9000mah 100c.
The only difference you're going to see is longer run times.

Edit. I need to find some better "helping hands" too.
THIS is the best set of helping hands I have yet to find.

HERE is a thread I posted some pics and info about it.

And for the esc everyone say HW max5. You can get a HW max6 now to run with your stock 1200kv XL motor... but recently the max5's have been cutting out on people while driven. Or in middle of their runs.. me personally will go with the castle XL or XL2 esc combo 1100kv.

Glad you posted that.👍👍 I was going to call you about that stand.

And for the esc everyone say HW max5. You can get a HW max6 now to run with your stock 1200kv XL motor... but recently the max5's have been cutting out on people while driven. Or in middle of their runs.. me personally will go with the castle XL or XL2 esc combo 1100kv.
i thought it was the MAX6s that were cutting out on people?

It's the max5 line. That's cutting out. I haven't heard anything on the Max6. But could be also if people don't look at all the spec on it. The max6 will only handle up to 1200kv. So anything bigger with that esc. Will chase you problems.. I think it has more to do with the over kill of motor and 1.5 gears.. people are jamming into the X. I mean yeah awesome more power but at what cost really... the 1.5 gears are just ridiculous IMO.. the mod 1 gears are just fine. It's all about the mesh..
Me personally will go with castle..people always say castle is more expensive. I get it but it's not that much more. You already are putting out 250-300$ for the HW max5 combo. So what's another 30-50$. IMHO the castle line is definitely better between the two...But that's my opinion 👍👍👍

The traxxas 2085X is a pretty good servo. Imo should have been the stock servo but oh well.. Or you can go with a Savox servo. The 2085X is a straight drop in. Any other standard servo will need a mount bracket. Like this one

https://www.amainhobbies.com/traxxas-xmaxx-standard-servo-adapter-tra7749/p-qqavqqtq7zqxactz

https://www.rcsuperstore.com/traxxas-2085x-digital-high-torque-metal-gear-servo-for-x-maxx/

https://www.rcplanet.com/savox-wate...9TAZSzda0kpxU7zH-z-c7CjhwV7Rn_zoaAktuEALw_wcB

The stock torque vs the 2085x? I've seen a lot of posts about the savox servo. I guess I'm curious when enough is enough for the servo lol.

I was looking for that thread haha! Perfect.

Glad you posted that.👍👍 I was going to call you about that stand.

I think xmaxx is pretty damn fast as it is. Wide open, it definitely lacks stability. I guess if you're going for super high air, that makes sense too. But I think more torque, makes for more fun.

I'm really thinking about getting a kraton 8s exb eventually to do more of high speed build.

The stock torque vs the 2085x? I've seen a lot of posts about the savox servo. I guess I'm curious when enough is enough for the servo lol.
2085 Specs:
Tech Specs:
Torque: 365 oz./in.
Speed: 0.17 sec/60° @ 6V
Dimensions: 1.97 x 2.0 x 0.98 in. (50 x 51.5 x 24.9mm) not including heat sink
Weight: 3.6 oz. (103g) including heat sink

2085X Specs:
Basically the same except torque is 449oz/in

I would not use either of those. Id find something that is at least 800 if not 1000oz/in and Id try to find one with a speed of .15 or faster. The servo I'm using in my Kraton 8S is 1013oz/in and .13 speed at 7.4V. Savox is one of the least expensive quality brands. I generally buy Savox. Sometimes I may use Hitec or Reef or something else really high end but theyre more expensive than Savox. Some of the guys here will use budget brands like Powerhobby or JX cuz theyre about half the price of a Savox. I've used JX before. Theyre ok but nothing to write home about. Havent tried Powerhobby but I've always kind of assumed theyre probably about the same as the JX servos.
I was looking for that thread haha! Perfect.
I also meant to post THIS. This is the other helping hand soldering jig I use. They sell extra hands for it if you want to put a second hand on it you can. They also sell THIS which is kind of the same thing but if you buy one like this you're going to want to add a bunch of weight to the bottom of it or it will slide all over the place when you're trying to soldering something up on it.
I'm really thinking about getting a kraton 8s exb eventually to do more of high speed build.
The Kraton 8S is a beast! You'll love it 💯

2085 Specs:
Tech Specs:

2085X Specs:

I would not use either of those. Id find something that is at least 800 if not 1000oz/in and Id try to find one with a speed of .15 or faster. The servo I'm using in my Kraton 8S is 1013oz/in and .13 speed at 7.4V. Savox is one of the least expensive quality brands. I generally buy Savox. Sometimes I may use Hitec or Reef or something else really high end but theyre more expensive than Savox. Some of the guys here will use budget brands like Powerhobby or JX cuz theyre about half the price of a Savox. I've used JX before. Theyre ok but nothing to write home about. Havent tried Powerhobby but I've always kind of assumed theyre probably about the same as the JX servos.

I also meant to post THIS. This is the other helping hand soldering jig I use. They sell extra hands for it if you want to put a second hand on it you can. They also sell THIS which is kind of the same thing but if you buy one like this you're going to want to add a bunch of weight to the bottom of it or it will slide all over the place when you're trying to soldering something up on it.

The Kraton 8S is a beast! You'll love it 💯

That's a lot to think about. I kinda want to stay a little budget oriented on the xmaxx, focused on durability. The new batteries seem to have a tad more punch. After about 15min, I still 15.88v in them. But the steering is lacking. I know I plan on getting 8s exb and I know I'll have to spend some money that. So I kind of want save some budgeting for that.

I really like the helping hands in that second link you sent. I'll probably order those!

That's a lot to think about. I kinda want to stay a little budget oriented on the xmaxx, focused on durability. The new batteries seem to have a tad more punch. After about 15min, I still 15.88v in them. But the steering is lacking. I know I plan on getting 8s exb and I know I'll have to spend some money that. So I kind of want save some budgeting for that.

I really like the helping hands in that second link you sent. I'll probably order those!
I have all 3 of them. The one with a single hand and the RCProPlus are the two that I'm using the most.

2 Upgrades youll likely end up having to do to the Kraton is a thicker after market chassis plate and GPM 3 point rear tie rods. Bear that in mind. Theres two or three different companies out there that make good after market chassis plates that wont bend but none of them are cheap. I have the "Just Bash It" brand on mine.

I have all 3 of them. The one with a single hand and the RCProPlus are the two that I'm using the most.

2 Upgrades youll likely end up having to do to the Kraton is a thicker after market chassis plate and GPM 3 point rear tie rods. Bear that in mind. Theres two or three different companies out there that make good after market chassis plates that wont bend but none of them are cheap. I have the "Just Bash It" brand on mine.

Would those chassis still be stronger than the one included with the exb? I though exb was decently stronger than the regular one.

Would those chassis still be stronger than the one included with the exb? I though exb was decently stronger than the regular one.
Honestly I'm not 100% sure how the EXB chassis holds up. I know the non EXB one is weak af and from what I've read online the EXB chassis is only 1mm thicker so I'm not sure how much better its going to be. I didnt have the EXB. Maybe 1mm is enough, maybe not. IDK. The Just bash it chassis is a minimum of 5mm thick in the thinnest places and up to 9mm thick in the thickest places. Its also made out of 7075 aluminum. The M2C one is along the same lines. Not sure about other brands.

2085 Specs:
Tech Specs:

2085X Specs:

I would not use either of those. Id find something that is at least 800 if not 1000oz/in and Id try to find one with a speed of .15 or faster
Not the same bud. Because the 2085X is full metal gears and full bearings. And comes with a stiffer spring. Which adds to the tourqe and power of the servo.. its not the best servo but way better then the stock 2085. Also there's not need for a 1000 in/oz tourqe servo. And your Also talking .02 of speed difference. Really come on.. the speed of the servo doesn't matter with the X. Really just tourqe. And your Kra weights almost 10lbs more them the X. You know that. With all that aluminum its built with.. that's probably why you have a 1013in/oz servo. 🤣🤣🤣😉😉
Got to think everyone can't go out and get the best of the best all the time 👍👍

Don't listen to wolf.🤣🤣 the Specs don't include the stiffer spring or the full metal gearing or full bearings. Neither did he. It's almost 30% more powerful then the stock 2085 blue servo... The Kra8 is basically all aluminum. Thats why he needs a 1013 in/oz servo. Plus he's talking about. 02sec in speed. Your not looking for speed looking for power and tourqe. Take a look at the 2085X and the savox ones. You really don't need anything that crazy of a servo. He doesn't think sometimes. About what people can afford.. or what type of budget people have.... the servo he runs is about 200$ . 150$ for one at 555in/oz tourqe...

Last edited:
Not the same bud. Because the 2085X is full metal gears and full bearings. And comes with a stiffer spring. Which adds to the tourqe and power of the servo.. its not the best servo but way better then the stock 2085. Also there's not need for a 1000 in/oz tourqe servo. And your Also talking .02 of speed difference. Really come on.. the speed of the servo doesn't matter with the X. Really just tourqe. And your Kra weights almost 10lbs more them the X. You know that. With all that aluminum its built with.. that's probably why you have a 1013in/oz servo. 🤣🤣🤣😉😉
Got to think everyone can't go out and get the best of the best all the time 👍👍

Don't listen to wolf.🤣🤣 the Specs don't include the stiffer spring or the full metal gearing or full bearings. Neither did he. It's almost 30% more powerful then the stock 2085 blue servo... The Kra8 is basically all aluminum. Thats why he needs a 1013 in/oz servo. Plus he's talking about. 02sec in speed. Your not looking for speed looking for power and tourqe. Take a look at the 2085X and the savox ones. You really don't need anything that crazy of a servo. He doesn't think sometimes. About what people can afford.. or what type of budget people have.... the servo he runs is about 200$ . 150$ for one at 555in/oz tourqe...
The 2085X has 23% more torque than the 2085 which is 449oz/in. I didnt think about the upgraded parts inside the servo being different, I was just referring to the base specs.

I didnt say he had to run what I run but what I'm currently running is a $45 JX servo in the K8. Its nothing to write home about but I bet its way better than the 2085X. I'm not 100% sure that the 1013oz/in and .13 speed is a "true" rating as it doesn't feel as powerful or as fast as a Savox which is why I say its nothign to write home about but heck its only $45. Dunno how long it will last tho lol.

All I did was gave him the low down on the budget vs the higher quality stuff. He can choose how much money he wants to spend. As for the speed I think theres a noticeable difference is how "snappy" the steering feels between a .17 and .15 and I think its a huge difference bettwen a .17 and a .13. I know the K8 is 10lbs heavier but Id still run a 1000oz/in the Xmaxx. I like high torque servos. I run a pair of 500oz/in Savox servos in my 13.5lbs LST2 and my XXL and those are 1.8 scale kits. Besides I said 800-1000oz/in :p

Just my .02

The 2085X has 23% more torque than the 2085 which is 449oz/in. I didnt think about the upgraded parts inside the servo being different, I was just referring to the base specs.

I didnt say he had to run what I run but what I'm currently running is a $45 JX servo in the K8. Its nothing to write home about but I bet its way better than the 2085X. I'm not 100% sure that the 1013oz/in and .13 speed is a "true" rating as it doesn't feel as powerful or as fast as a Savox which is why I say its nothign to write home about but heck its only $45. Dunno how long it will last tho lol.

All I did was gave him the low down on the budget vs the higher quality stuff. He can choose how much money he wants to spend. As for the speed I think theres a noticeable difference is how "snappy" the steering feels between a .17 and .15 and I think its a huge difference bettwen a .17 and a .13. I know the K8 is 10lbs heavier but Id still run a 1000oz/in the Xmaxx. I like high torque servos. I run a pair of 500oz/in Savox servos in my 13.5lbs LST2 and my XXL and those are 1.8 scale kits. Besides I said 800-1000oz/in :p

Just my .02
Sorry I left out the 800 in/oz.. you can't physically notice a difference in ..04 sec. In a servo.. I hate to do this to you but...The SNAP or response of the servo is from your reciver and transmitter. And the pulse it receives to actually move the servo.. yes the .15sec does help. But with out the transmitter and reciver pulse and signal. The servo wouldn't move at all. Go down to the "connection". I know you want some data..😉😉🤣🤣

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Servo_(radio_control)
So with out a good radio and reciver. The speed of the servo meaning nothing....

https://www.promodeler.com/DS1155BLHV

I saw someone recommend this. So it needs its own power supply?
Yea thats just ridiculous in my opinion. 150$ for servo thats not waterproof. Least it doesn't say it is. Needs a bec added or. Better esc. And how much for their aircraft aluminum mount.?? Your looking at way over 200$ if not close to 300$$. You want aluminum cnc mount they male them. Alot of places make them. Where did you see or have that suggested??
I will pay 150$ for a good servo. But thats just ridiculous. I don't need aircraft aluminum none waterproof servo that needs 8.4v to work at full potential..sorry by all means if that's they way you want to go. GO for it. 👍👍
I want to know how much is the whole kit?
Holly sh*t 270$ with the kit and shipping.
https://www.promodeler.com/DS1155BLHV

I saw someone recommend this. So it needs its own power supply?
Here's a servo 1013in/oz tourqe. Probably the one wolf is running maybe in the kra8.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/73KG-1-5-S...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

Last edited:
The pro-modler servo looks like a good servo but in order to get the full potential out of it you have to run it at 8.4V which will generally require a stand alone programmable BEC like THIS one from Castle Creations.

Heres what I dont get though... Look at the sizes of these different servos.

Savox SB-2290SG Black Edition (Standard size 1/8 scale servo)
Dimensions L x W x H (mm): 40.3 x 20.2 x 38.7

Traxxas 2085
Dimensions: 50 x 24.9 x 51.5mm not including heat sink

Pro-Modeler DS1155BLHV
Dimensions: 40 x 20 x 38.7mm

JX PDI-HV2070MG (Standard size 1/5 Scale Servo) (This is what I'm running in my K8 and theyre cheaper on Amazon than eBay. LINK)
Dimensions: (LxWxH) 65.8x30x57.4mm

Typical Traxxas BS.... So looks like Traxxas servo is some sort of weird size in between a standard 1/8 and 1/5 scales sizes and I know its got some sort of proprietary mounting system in it. Stoner says you can get mounting plates for the Xmaxx in order to use non Traxxas servos but my question is this. If you buy a non Traxxas servo what scale servo do you have to buy in order for it to fit with the mounting plates? A 1/8 or 1/5 Scale servo?

On another note lets assume for a moment that you have to buy an 1/8 scale servo in order to make it work with the mounting plates and lets assume Pro-modeler isnt full of chit about their specs.

SB2290SG - Monster Torque Brushless Servo, Black Edition - $152.99 + Free S&H
Torque @ 8.4v - 972.1oz-in
Speed @ 8.4v - 0.11 sec/60 deg

Pro-Modeler DS1155BLHV - $149.99 + 12.25 S&H
Torque @ 8.4v - 1155oz-in
Speed @ 8.4v - 0.10 sec/60 deg

If their specs are true then for an extra $9.25 you would get an extra 182.9 oz-in or torque and an extra 0.01 speed. Id probably spend the extra to get the extra (Your mileage may vary) but heres a couple of things that popped out at me when looking at all these servos.

This is a screen capture straight from pro-modelers website...
Capture.JPG

So pro-modeler is basically dragging the Savox servo through the mud in an attempt to demonstrate how superior their servo is over the Savox but where in the hell did they get those specs for the Savox? Heres a screen shot straight from Savox's website on the specs for their servo.
Capture.JPG

Now I'm assuming since pro-modeler listed the Savox's speed as .13 then they are supposedly quoting the specs of the servo at 7.4V. Well if thats true then not only did they lie about the servos torque out put at 7.4V but its also shady AF to sit there and underhandedly compare their servo specs at 8.4V
against Savox's specs at only 7.4V. So in my book pro-modeler already shot themselves in the foot, at least as far as I'm concerned, because now I can't trust anything else theyve said about their servo.

Additionally as you can see in the screenshot of the Savox's servos specs, its Waterproof. Pro-modeler says nothing about their servo being water proof.

Lets explore this statement on Pro-modelers website.
Capture.JPG

Pro-modeler brags about their bearing being 25% bigger but looks to me like its really only 25% taller. Not sure how much that really means in the over all scheme of things. maybe someone that has technical knowledge of bearings can chime in as to how much difference that would make in real world applications but we can explore other aspects of this statement.

On top of the bearing being "bigger" they claim their bearing is shielded and ABEC-9 rated. Lets pick that apart for minute. The bearing is in a closed environment that is filled with grease. Does it matter that their bearing is shielded? I'm not a bearing engineer but my gut says "no, it doesn't". In fact wouldnt a shielded bearing actually be more prone to retaining heat than an unshielded one? Again not a bearing engineer but the thought pops into my head giving me cause to wonder.

Ok now on to ABEC ratings... Heres a screen capture from Wikipedia
Capture.JPG

Ok, So its true that Savox doesn't give us the ABEC rating on their bearing but would it matter if they did? According to the screen capture an ABEC5/ABEC7 bearing could be as good or better than an ABEC9 depending on the other critical factors that arent taken in to account in the ABEC rating scale. Plus we havent ruled out the possibility that Savoxs bearing may also be ABEC9 anyway.

Now one truth that I can see Pro-modeler saying about their comparison against Savox is that their gears are "beefier". Again though what they dont tell you is that Savox sells replacement gear and bearing sets. I dont see that offering on Pro-Modelers website.

So in conclusion, after you peel back all of Pro-modelers marketing bullsh*t. I dont even trust that they are truthful about their servo specs. Who knows what kind of shadiness may have went on during their servo testing where they generated those specs from in the first place. Hell at this point even if their specs were true and they were the ones who are $10 cheaper I still wouldnt buy their product just on principle but you guys can judge that for yourselves. This is just the rabbit hole I ended up exploring once I started seeing inconsistencies in what I was seeing and reading.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
The pro-modler servo looks like a good servo but in order to get the full potential out of it you have to run it at 8.4V which will generally require a stand alone programmable BEC like THIS one from Castle Creations.

Heres what I dont get though... Look at the sizes of these different servos.

Savox SB-2290SG Black Edition (Standard size 1/8 scale servo)
Dimensions L x W x H (mm): 40.3 x 20.2 x 38.7

Traxxas 2085
Dimensions: 50 x 24.9 x 51.5mm not including heat sink

Pro-Modeler DS1155BLHV
Dimensions: 40 x 20 x 38.7mm

JX PDI-HV2070MG (Standard size 1/5 Scale Servo) (This is what I'm running in my K8 and theyre cheaper on Amazon than eBay. LINK)
Dimensions: (LxWxH) 65.8x30x57.4mm

Typical Traxxas BS.... So looks like Traxxas servo is some sort of weird size in between a standard 1/8 and 1/5 scales sizes and I know its got some sort of proprietary mounting system in it. Stoner says you can get mounting plates for the Xmaxx in order to use non Traxxas servos but my question is this. If you buy a non Traxxas servo what scale servo do you have to buy in order for it to fit with the mounting plates? A 1/8 or 1/5 Scale servo?

On another note lets assume for a moment that you have to buy an 1/8 scale servo in order to make it work with the mounting plates and lets assume Pro-modeler isnt full of chit about their specs.

SB2290SG - Monster Torque Brushless Servo, Black Edition - $152.99 + Free S&H
Torque @ 8.4v - 972.1oz-in
Speed @ 8.4v - 0.11 sec/60 deg

Pro-Modeler DS1155BLHV - $149.99 + 12.25 S&H
Torque @ 8.4v - 1155oz-in
Speed @ 8.4v - 0.10 sec/60 deg

If their specs are true then for an extra $9.25 you would get an extra 182.9 oz-in or torque and an extra 0.01 speed. Id probably spend the extra to get the extra (Your mileage may vary) but heres a couple of things that popped out at me when looking at all these servos.

This is a screen capture straight from pro-modelers website...
View attachment 134822
So pro-modeler is basically dragging the Savox servo through the mud in an attempt to demonstrate how superior their servo is over the Savox but where in the hell did they get those specs for the Savox? Heres a screen shot straight from Savox's website on the specs for their servo.
View attachment 134823
Now I'm assuming since pro-modeler listed the Savox's speed as .13 then they are supposedly quoting the specs of the servo at 7.4V. Well if thats true then not only did they lie about the servos torque out put at 7.4V but its also shady AF to sit there and underhandedly compare their servo specs at 8.4V
against Savox's specs at only 7.4V. So in my book pro-modeler already shot themselves in the foot, at least as far as I'm concerned, because now I can't trust anything else theyve said about their servo.

Additionally as you can see in the screenshot of the Savox's servos specs, its Waterproof. Pro-modeler says nothing about their servo being water proof.

Lets explore this statement on Pro-modelers website.
View attachment 134826

Pro-modeler brags about their bearing being 25% bigger but looks to me like its really only 25% taller. Not sure how much that really means in the over all scheme of things. maybe someone that has technical knowledge of bearings can chime in as to how much difference that would make in real world applications but we can explore other aspects of this statement.

On top of the bearing being "bigger" they claim their bearing is shielded and ABEC-9 rated. Lets pick that apart for minute. The bearing is in a closed environment that is filled with grease. Does it matter that their bearing is shielded? I'm not a bearing engineer but my gut says "no, it doesn't". In fact wouldnt a shielded bearing actually be more prone to retaining heat than an unshielded one? Again not a bearing engineer but the thought pops into my head giving me cause to wonder.

Ok now on to ABEC ratings... Heres a screen capture from Wikipedia
View attachment 134829
Ok, So its true that Savox doesn't give us the ABEC rating on their bearing but would it matter if they did? According to the screen capture and ABEC5/ABEC7 bearing could be as good or better than an ABEC9 depending on the other critical factors that arent taken in to account in the ABEC rating scale. Plus we havent ruled out the possibility that Savoxs bearing may also be ABEC9 anyway.

Now the one (and damn near only) truth that I can see Pro-modeler spewing about their comparison against Savox is that their gears are "beefier". Again though what they dont tell you is that Savox sells replacement gear and bearing sets. I dont see that offering on Pro-Modelers website.

So in conclusion, after you peel back all of Pro-modelers marketing bullsh*t. I dont even trust that they are truthful about their servo specs. Who knows what kind of shadiness may have went on during their servo testing where they generated those specs from in the first place. Hell at this point even if their specs were true and they were the ones who are $10 cheaper I still wouldnt buy their product just on principle but you guys can judge that for yourselves. This is just the rabbit hole I ended up exploring once I started seeing inconsistencies in what I was seeing and reading.

You dug deep into that one. I found it interesting that someone recommended it, yet it needs its own expensive mount vs the Traxxas adapter which is like 10 bucks. But it really doesn't seem to offer a large gain in performance. Like you mentioned about the waterproofing too. A truck like this, really should have waterproof/resistant components.

I've never been a fan of people trying to sell a product by bashing another product, especially directly calling out one particular manufacturer vs multiple. Makes it look like you're hiding something. Obviously your product can't stand on its own without bashing another.

My biggest issue overall with it though, "military grade". Having been in the military and used "military grade" equipment, it's poop most of the time. The only reliable equipment I had was my M4. It's always funny to me when companies use that as a selling point 🤣.

My biggest issue overall with it though, "military grade". Having been in the military and used "military grade" equipment, it's poop most of the time. The only reliable equipment I had was my M4. It's always funny to me when companies use that as a selling point 🤣.
Lol, I know what you mean. i work for the gov and I know how they operate. "Cheapest price, technically acceptable". which just means OK heres the minimum specs we want. now give us the cheapest, crappiest thing you make that technically meets these specs. smdh

Back